Opinion On Roofing Job

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I emailed the guy that did my roof and told him that the work was unprofessional and sent him a photo of the glop of caulk and he got mad. Take a look at these photos and tell me this is professional.

Attachments

• IMG_2891.jpeg
    IMG_2891.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2890.jpeg
    IMG_2890.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2888.jpeg
    IMG_2888.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2892.jpeg
    IMG_2892.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I’d pointed these things out to the owner of the company and he gave me grief I’d have asked him a question. Mr Owner, are these pictures something you’d like to use in a brochure to demonstrate your companies work? If he has any integrity he’ll think about that and make the repairs and if not then no matter what you say he isn’t going to get things looking as they should. In that case I’d be calling my insurance company or withholding his final payment if the money was coming out of my pocket.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The sad thing is, he was on Angi’s list. I thought those people were vetted. I’ve roofed begote and I’m what could be called an amateur and my work was better thsn this guy.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like he didn't have the right tools for the job or he didn't add in waste material and under bid materials and tried to squeak by and pocket as much as possible....

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I emailed the guy that did my roof and told him that the work was unprofessional and sent him a photo of the glop of caulk and he got mad. Take a look at these photos and tell me this is professional.
Yeah, that looks like crap. What would concern me more is what they did where it doesn't show.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I’d pointed these things out to the owner of the company and he gave me grief I’d have asked him a question. Mr Owner, are these pictures something you’d like to use in a brochure to demonstrate your companies work? If he has any integrity he’ll think about that and make the repairs and if not then no matter what you say he isn’t going to get things looking as they should. In that case I’d be calling my insurance company or withholding his final payment if the money was coming out of my pocket.
Unless the contractor was part of the insurance company’s Guaranteed Repair Program or a vendor referred by the insurance company, they don’t have any power/authorization to have the contractor do anything.

The insurance policy is a contract between the carrier and the homeowner but the roofing contract is between the homeowner and the contractor.

@John6185 that work is not quality or professional at all. The drip edge shouldn’t be overlapping like that and the caulking looks horrible.

Which company was it?

wolfman1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What caulking? Thats jackleg grade work. I'd be checking under the shingles to make sure they ise at least 3 nails, preferably 4. Cheapo contractors like to float them with only 2.

When I had mine done I called 3 contractors. One guy gave me a low ball quote, the other was weeks late and missed the train. I ended up with Superior Roofing, the highest quote. who did a great job, and had it done in one day..

On a separate note, I'm a retired stone mason so if you ever need any follow up let me know.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Couple years ago my mom’s roof needed to be replaced. Went with a company that isn’t cheap. Why? The roofing crews they use are employed by roofing company versus independent crews that don’t answer directly to the company. Second, the crews are trained by the roofing material manufacturers to install the materials correctly. They do this because the materials when properly installed will last much longer than if they aren’t installed the right way and the manufacturer will warranty the product for the lifetime of the product. You can look up who is certified my the manufacturer to install their materials.

Latest posts

Top Bottom