Opinion On Roofing Job

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyGuyGSP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So if I'm correct, you say this is the standard in the roofing industry and the consumer (me as well as others) need to get used to it and live with it because that's the work ethic of those slipping across our borders.
My opinion is, that if a job is worth doing, It's worth doing properly or not at all.
Sorry if I’ve missed it, but I’m curious to know what actions you plan to take moving forward?

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m just expressing a cynical point of view I acquired after a few years in the roofing game. There are SOME contractors who actually have long term relationships with the installation crews and have guys they’ve known for years doing good quality work… they are rare though and should be appreciated

I think the Arizona guy makes some good points. Another thing I can confirm is that Oklahoma laws are very lax on contractors.

As a freedom loving anti gubbermint leaning person it’s hard for me to ask for more regulations… but it’s entirely possible that contractors need more oversight

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry if I’ve missed it, but I’m curious to know what actions you plan to take moving forward?
With all respect due, I wouldn't make any comment that could come back to haunt me, there could be some on this board that have a close relationship with the roofer or want to ingratiate themselves in some manner.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Boy I’d be shouting from the highest mountain telling everyone I could what a bunch of scumbags they were. I had a company, Jay Burke Glass in Lawton royally screw us over when we had all new windows put in our house after a full remodel. Took several calls and a couple half-assed attempts on their part to even start making it right then they started treating me like I was in the wrong being demanding. Here’s one example. The idiots removed all the window brackets, separated the mastic and then took off for lunch leaving the windows completely unsecured. A gust of wind came and blew a window in on a brand new never eaten at $2000 dining table damaging it, breaking China and gouging the brand new floor. They did replace the table but nothing with the floor or China. Also put the brackets back in wrong and used industrial hex-head screws. Oh wait, they also broke a window and because of “Covid” they couldn’t get a matching one so an upstairs window doesn’t match the rest of the house. I could go on and on but you get the gist. They should be ashamed
IMG_3182.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom