!Pinche Bobcat!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolando

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's my Bobby.
I've long had a Bobcat as an avatar because it has been a long running problem for me and my poultry
ai235.photobucket.com_albums_ee216_Rolando1911_DSCN0856.jpg
If you look close you can see the chicken feathers in her mouth. Took a long time to catch that rascal but once I had her patterned it was all over. Went down to the mailbox one afternoon and saw her about 20 yards away. Had her in my sights but didn't pull the trigger because there is a house in that direction and I didn' want to shoot across the road. But I knew what direction she was coming from. Lost some more poultry and followed a feather trail and narrowed down her route.

One afternoon my wife told me she heard a ruckus down by the chicken coop. Now that I knew the pattern that cat took I went out the front door instead of the back door that faces the coop. I went to to cat path and caught her red handed with a chicken in her mouth. 12ga turkey load and the reign of terror was over. I figured there was a bunch of cats and the others would keep eating chickens but its been a lot quieter in the months since then.
ai235.photobucket.com_albums_ee216_Rolando1911_DSCN0858.jpg

ai235.photobucket.com_albums_ee216_Rolando1911_DSCN0852.jpg

It was summer so the fur was thin and that cat was COVERED with ticks. I kept the tail and buried the cat.

ENC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I raise goats and chickens and I have had my fair share of coyote problems. I haven't ever had a bobcat give me any trouble but I have seen one only about a half a mile from my house. Good that you finally got the culprit.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quick question. Is there a season you must follow to shoot bobcats.

Yes, and you mut have a furbearer license.

http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/regs/furbearer.htm

Rolando was able to kill his because of the depredation exemption, and I'd say he couldn't have "actually found" her destroying poultry any better. Red handed, or feather mouthed so to speak. :D Huge cat!

Exemptions from Regulations

Nothing in this regulation prevents the killing of furbearers actually found destroying livestock or poultry. In addition, nothing in this regulation prevents the running or chasing of coyote, bobcat, fox or raccoon with dogs for sport only, except on those public lands where such activity is prohibited.

Coltcombat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is this saying a can hunt yotes at night but with NO light? Or no night
hunts at all.

COYOTE

Dates & Open Areas

Open year-round, except it shall be unlawful to hunt, take or attempt to take coyotes from dark to daylight with the aid of any artificial light and any sight dog.

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It says no lights and no dogs. But, if they are depredating livestock, that falls under a different set of rules. Obviously read the reg's VERY carefully before cutting loose on the varmints.

Nice Bobby! My sister was watching a fat squirrel at the bird feeder the other day, when along came a bobby and snatched him up. The last she saw of the squirrel, he was sqeaking his last in the cat's mouth. I think that she was a little traumatized. Not a hunter, even worse, she is a tender hearted Veternarian.

My first reaction would have been "Cool"

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You actually can call coyotes at night and use a light but it is under certain conditions. You must get a permit from your local game warden, which will explain your limitations on the permit.

Scott

Latest posts

Top Bottom