Places that are off limits for CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
capmarine said:
title 21-1277 B-a.
i dont know what the state parks guys do,but above title reads-with SDA-any property set aside for use of vehicle,attended or unattended,by city,town,county,state or fed.govt-is not prohibited.
sub.d-parks are not prohibited,as long as you dont enter any structures.
im glad im not a park ranger,they have more fishing and hunting laws to contend with and people with guns they have to deal with up close and personal.

Cap, help me with something. Every few posts I read of yours, I get the slightest impression that you are/ have been LEO, and also that maybe you don't really think that the general citizenry has any business toting around loaded guns. Like the comment about the park rangers having to deal with people with guns. Tell me I'm just reading you wrong, please.

pete156

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know if we have any actual Goodyear tire stores in OK, but I won't be buying anymore of their tires from anyone.

Licensed Concealed Carry Not Welcome at Goodyear Tire
2005/09/27
Most businesses in America have chosen NOT to post discriminatory signs against licensed concealed carry in their stores. Goodyear Tire has chosen differently. Your patronage is not welcome.

From Goodyear: (submitted by an MCRGO activist and supporter)

"In an effort to ensure the safety and security of our associates and customers, we have a clear company policy regarding weapons in the workplace. The Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co. prohibits all persons who enter Company property from carrying a handgun, firearm, or prohibited weapon of any kind onto the property regardless of whether the person is licensed to carry the weapon or not. Exceptions apply to on-duty law enforcement personnel. This policy applies to all Company employees, visitors, customers, and contractors on Company property -- including our Company-owned stores.

All Company properties have received the decal or sign you referenced, and have been instructed to post it.

Thank you for the email. Please get back to me if I can provide further information."

Ed Markey (email: [email protected])
VP, PR and Communications
North American Tire

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
J.P. said:
Seriously?
You need to contact Wal-Mart hedquarters because that is contrary to their 'corporate policy'.

Im nearly 100% sure. I'll check again just to make sure. What's their 'corporate policy'?

P97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the hard places to comply is the Post Office. Most everybody that carries go to the Post Office daily. Its hard to remember to leave your gun in the vehicle when you run in to check your box that just takes a minute. In my area Cooper Clinic in Ft. Smith, Ark. is posted and most Dr Offices were, but I've noticed that most Doctors have taken the signs down. I think if enough people complain that it has an effect.

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Alrighty. I go back tomorrow since I work there. I'll let ya know for sure. I know I seen it up though, I almost hope its there so I dont feel like a dummass.

Latest posts

Top Bottom