Places that are off limits for CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjones99

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
J.P. said:
I thought the court had already ruled in favor of the law?

that just happened on June 9th but doesn't take affect until November 1st. the original law was blocked but Henry signed another one (passed 44-0) as a new one. i couldn't be happier!

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kelly Drown said:
And... a little bit of disappointing news to add to that..

HB2122 passed and was signed by the Governor. This new law allows Permit/License holders to carry onto private parking lots their concealed firearm and store it in their locked vehicle. The Bill States, "No person, property owner, tenant, employer, or business entity shall be permitted to establish any policy or rule that has the effect of prohibiting any person, except a convicted felon, from transporting and storing firearms in a locked vehicle on any property set aside for any vehicle." The law becomes effective 11/1/04. This law has been blocked by a Federal Judge. Until the court rules this law is null and void.

I know it may sound odd, but I'm actually against that law. It breaks down to the same right we enjoy in owning and carrying out firearms: private property. This law prevents someone from deciding what goes on on their own private property.

Kelly Drown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Blinocac200sx said:
I know it may sound odd, but I'm actually against that law. It breaks down to the same right we enjoy in owning and carrying out firearms: private property. This law prevents someone from deciding what goes on on their own private property.

Yeah, I can see both sides of this. Tough call. I think it all boils down to liability... and our country full of lawyers are partly to blame. You have the right to say who can and can not enter your private property, but do you have the right to tell them what they can bring on their person which is legal? Since an individual has rights of his own, can you infringe upon that? Like for example, an individual has the right to free speech. If he's on your property, can you tell him what he can or can't say?

The bill in this case though is very specific and only applies to parking lots. People can honor your wishes by not carrying into your private building or elsewhere on your private property, but you can't tell them that they can't leave their firearm inside thier personal vehicle, on your private, but publically accessible parking lot. That's all it's for.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Promanade Mall is posted.
I wouldn't even go there but I'm married to a girl 10 years my junior,and she likes the mall ;)
I've written them about their poicies and they responded that they don't care where we spend our money as long as there are no guns in their mall. :finger:

Quail Fat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
J.P. said:
Promanade Mall is posted.
I wouldn't even go there but I'm married to a girl 10 years my junior,and she likes the mall ;)
I've written them about their poicies and they responded that they don't care where we spend our money as long as there are no guns in their mall. :finger:

Screw em. I carry wherever I want, as long as there are no magnometers to catch me.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quail Fat said:
Screw em. I carry wherever I want, as long as there are no magnometers to catch me.

I realize that but I don't like giving antis money if I can help it. ;)
more importantly,I like sending them the message that we won't be giving them any money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom