Places that are off limits for CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Isn't a posting at a business nothing more than a request? All they can ask you to do is leave IF they know you are carrying, correct? Or am I off base here?

Flyboy

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Midfirst Bank, both Norman branches. No other branches seem to be posted. I really need to get my letter sent....

RE: hospitals:
Given that many of them are funded by their respective cities, I'd be wary of this clause:
Any structure, building, or office space which is owned or leased by a city, town, county, state, or federal governmental authority for the purpose of conducting business with the public;
I don't think it applies, but I'd sure hate to be a test case. Also, seeing as how there tend to be things in hospitals that don't react well to bullets--like oxygen lines, cryo equipment, pathogen samples, radiological sources, and other such interesting stuff--I don't think I'd necessarily be inclined to carry there. Doubly so given that most of my time in hospitals is spent working in radiology (my other job), and mixing five pounds of steel with an MR scanner is distinctly suboptimal.

Bottom line is that there may be a legal reason for forbidding carry (in which case they're doing us a favor by posting), and even if it's not a legal reason, they may have advanced knowledge which the general population lacks WRT extraordinary hazards. I'll give them a pass on that one.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AFAIK,there is nothing prohibiting carry in a Post Office at the federal level.
However,Oklahoma clearly forbids it.
I wonder why the Post Offices are not posted with "no guns" signs?
Hmmm.

kjones99

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
J.P. said:
AFAIK,there is nothing prohibiting carry in a Post Office at the federal level.
However,Oklahoma clearly forbids it.
I wonder why the Post Offices are not posted with "no guns" signs?
Hmmm.

to keep the workers from packing...

Latest posts

Top Bottom