Places that are off limits for CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjones99

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i misread your post....i thought you said why are the post offices are posted with no guns allowed. with that in mind, i hope my joke makes more sense.

LastManStanding

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah that new law is basically so you can leave your pistol in a car on a publicly accessible parking lot (like your workplace) without fear of reprisal as in getting fired or towed..etc. It's not so people can park in your private driveway and clean/brandish their firearms on your property. That would likely get you killed under the Oklahoma "Make my Day" law.... :wink2:

So with that said I am in full support of the new law. I remember in CCW class they covered he topic of stores that have posted "No Firearms" signs and we all found it hilarious that a store-owner would post a sign like this with the mindset it made his/her store safer. Considering the fact that if I was going to rob a place or kill someone in that place I sure wouldn't want to do it if I had to violate that "No Firearms" sign. :rolleyes:

All their doing is keeping responsible gun owners from bringing their weapons in when they may be able to assist in the event of a robbery. I'd be a lot less likely to rob a place if I thought there were a few people in it that were packing.

So I will tell them whenever I see those signs what I think about it and also explain why its stupid. And if they refuse to take it down then I refuse to shop there.

capmarine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
title 21-1277 B-a.
i dont know what the state parks guys do,but above title reads-with SDA-any property set aside for use of vehicle,attended or unattended,by city,town,county,state or fed.govt-is not prohibited.
sub.d-parks are not prohibited,as long as you dont enter any structures.
im glad im not a park ranger,they have more fishing and hunting laws to contend with and people with guns they have to deal with up close and personal.

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, as LMS is all too well aware, our workplace is not SDA friendly. Of course, it's on a military post....so no amount of state law is gonna help me get my piece in the gate. :(

pete156

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, so clear something up for me.

The law says that you can't carry into a place that serves low point beer. So does that mean all resteraunts that serve beer or you just can't carry into the bar area of that resteraunt?

okla-lawman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
John Bianchi said it best...unseen in the best places. Honestly in Okla. all they will do is ask you to leave (unless it is one of the prohibited places..then you are a fool to be carrying) unlike other states where you loose your permit. BUT you have made a far greater mistake by doing something to make them aware that you have a gun. I have been carrying for now on 23 years concealed. I have had a couple of oh shits but they were all in an on duty plain clothes were I was more concerned about accesablitiy than concealment. To the trained eye you can pick up the signs. That is not most store clerks. Most peeps that get seen are cause they are lazy, have poor equipment ie not quality leather and BELT (often overlooked) and are just complacent.

okla-lawman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
pete156 said:
Ok, so clear something up for me.

The law says that you can't carry into a place that serves low point beer. So does that mean all resteraunts that serve beer or you just can't carry into the bar area of that resteraunt?
You can carry into a resturant. If the resturant has a bar area you can not go into there.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Scott_In_OKC said:
Good rule of thumb, if there's a sign that says 21 or over, stay out if you're carrying. That sign means alcohol is their primary source of income, not food.

Not exactly.
If it is a 'bar and grill',etc. ,it can be 21 and over but that doesn't mean that the primary purpose is the sale of alcohol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom