Prayers needed...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just lost my best friend from high school.

I met Alan "Toe" Jones when I first moved from Claremore to my now hometown in 1979. I was 11 years old as was he. Throughout our years at Moss Public School, we had some lively times. Played ball together, double dated, got into fist fights and always shook hands afterwards. We made some powerful memories and stories for days. I still hear them whenever I bump into my former high school principal. He loved us and our antics even though he wanted to strangle us 30+ years ago.

After graduation, Toe never moved away and neither did I. Well...he did go to college at OSU and met a girl and I did move to Eufaula with my wife and oldest daughter for a brief stint (about 4 years or so) and had another baby girl, but the evil magnet of Holdenville brought us back home.

We kept in touch, more or less, over the years...you know...bumping into each other in Walmart, the grocery store and such. He married and divorced, had two sons - Wyatt and Matthew - and never married again. I asked him once why he didn't have a girlfriend and his response was, "do you know how hard it is to find a woman in her 40's that isn't covered in tattoos?"

He was a purist like that. He thought that only sailors and convicts had tattoos.

Sadly, my buddy died today from complications from a liver transplant. He had a non-alcoholic version of cirrhosis of the liver (never drank a drop of alcohol his entire life - go figure?) and I'm taking it kinda hard.

Anyway. I just need some help saying good bye to my very best good friend.

RIP Toe. I'll see you on the other side.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am very, very sorry to hear this. Prayers sent for your buddy, that he may rest in peace, and for you, that you may say good bye in comfort.

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. I have lost my father, uncle and best friend in the last 3 months. You will always miss them. Seems you have some great memories of your friend.

Prayers sent.

Latest posts

Top Bottom