price gouging and sellers market.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know what wholesaler you buy from, but I'd sure like to know. And what is the name of your shop?

Fat Boy Tactical.

Our supplier TGD ran a campaign a couple of months back. At $10 we barely broken even after credit card fees....lol. We still had people complain that the price didn't include tax and that they would be better off ordering online.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fat Boy Tactical.

Our supplier TGD ran a campaign a couple of months back. At $10 we barely broken even after credit card fees....lol. We still had people complain that the price didn't include tax and that they would be better off ordering online.

I hear ya'! Who is TGD?

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gee, if we were military we could buy mags at $7.61. You should start your own business and sell pmags for $10, you'd get rich.

No I wouldn't get rich. 30 days ago you couldn't move mags for $10 because AR market was flooded. You could march into Walmart a pickup a brand new brand-name AR-15 for under $600.

Anyone who is buying mags at over MSRP ($14 or whatever Magpul advertises on their website) is de-facto hoping for the ban so they can "get rich." Manufactures are sending "bare with us" letters because they KNOW the market is dead - legislation or no legislation - 30 days later this is going to be sooooo flooded with AR-15s, no one will know what to do with it - the mags don't exactly self-destroy after 30 rounds: gas prices go up and down - gas tank's stay pretty much the same.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm normally not a fan of word filtering on websites, but I wholeheartedly propose the OSA Admin implement a word-filter on the words 'gouging' and 'hoarding'.

I, for one, would like to see every instance of 'gouging' replaced with 'have-notting', and 'hoarding' replaced with 'colon smuggling'.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No I wouldn't get rich. 30 days ago you couldn't move mags for $10 because AR market was flooded. You could march into Walmart a pickup a brand new brand-name AR-15 for under $600.

Anyone who is buying mags at over MSRP ($14 or whatever Magpul advertises on their website) is de-facto hoping for the ban so they can "get rich." Manufactures are sending "bare with us" letters because they KNOW the market is dead - legislation or no legislation - 30 days later this is going to be sooooo flooded with AR-15s, no one will know what to do with it - the mags don't exactly self-destroy after 30 rounds: gas prices go up and down - gas tank's stay pretty much the same.

Well there's your problem with reality, you shop at WalMart.

Repubiman

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Government legislation that directly (and illegally) tampers with a market is absolutely not the free market at work.

I stand by my statement. First what the govt. is doing and proposing to do, is illegal and traitorous, there is absolutely
No argument there. But regardless, they have not directly passed laws to price fix the markets. The markets are still free
To determine fair market value by the buyer/seller. If it isn't how do you explain people willing to pay the crazy prices
That sellers are getting? No one forced them to pay that price, they entered in to their decision to buy freely.

Through thousands of years, prices have been determined by the availability of any one item. Once that item becomes
Limited in quantity and you have more buyers needing an item than there are the items itself, the buyers always
Determine what they will pay to acquire said item. Once the last ban was allowed to expire, prices dropped dramatically.
I didn't see people complaining that all of a sudden they now could acquire everything a lot cheaper. And, I never recall
a seller of said items complain to the buyer that he was getting "gouged" buy selling at the new lower prices. Again, it
comes down to the market determining what buyers are willing to pay in said market.

I would love to still be able to aquire a few more 33 rd. Glock mags but am not willing to pay the asking price for them
at today's prices. I'm not going to be-otch about the prices, I'm either going to determine what my want/need will allow
me to pay for said item, or decide the end doesn't justify the means. The one I will not allow myself, is to base my decision on emotion vs. logic. I believe everyone here is confusing free market value for an item because their emotion
will not allow them the new reality. If people still believe that it Is "gouging" then sell me your excess 50rd. boxes of 9mm for $9 a box. I will thank you profusely for your fairness and your willingness to not allow the new normal to affect your
selling price since after all, that's what you paid for said item.

Latest posts

Top Bottom