price gouging and sellers market.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why are all of the buyers all of a sudden wanting to buy now that there is the so called "price gouging ", most of you aren't new. Just wait I'm sure it will settle down in a few months, right? Sounds like many are worried they won't be able to buy anything for the old price to me.

I think that's why you see so many trying to trade it's not about gouging anyone, it's they want to sell something they have and replace it with something they need which also cost more. I see post that's someone is wanting to trade for something and the first post is "you must have a cash price", seems to me I'd just put a cash price that would buy what I wanted, problem solved right?

Maybe you should have a least a few hundred rounds of ammo for the next time this happens or those mags you think all of a sudden you need. JMO

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So you people think that we as individuals and businesses should sell our goods for a small fraction of market value? That doesn't even make sense, we aren't wholesalers, we shouldn't be expected to sell our goods at a price that allows the buyer to make more profit than we do. If prices are too high they will come down, if this is the new norm you won't miss out by waiting a few months to purchase.

Who told you not to make a profit?

My posts were never toward FBT.

I've not said anything about retailers or brick & mortar dealers charging what they want.

I've only talked about OSA classifieds.

You said you won't go in for price gouging and won't raise your price unless your suppliers do. Thats just sexy :wink2:

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who told you not to make a profit?

My posts were never toward FBT.

I've not said anything about retailers or brick & mortar dealers charging what they want.

I've only talked about OSA classifieds.

You said you won't go in for price gouging and won't raise your price unless your suppliers do. Thats just sexy :wink2:

We haven't yet, but we also aren't going to supply goods at a price that allows a buyer to make 300-400% profit either. We may just have to each take home 100 pmags.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think we should have a new classifieds section. Auction style. Start the items at $1 and let the membership decide what it's worth. 48 hours after the last post and it is sold. No reserve, no BIN nothing.

dwkennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you think you're getting gouged by prices today, I suggest you wait 12 months. Either:

a) prices will be "normal" and you can buy $15 pmags by the metric ton
b) new pmags will be banned and you'll think $35/mag is a bargain of the highest order.

If someone offered you a pmag for $15 today, but you had to pay an additional $100 if it was banned in the next year, would you take it? If not $100, what additional amount might you agree to?

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the new changes thread my post had a link to a watch site that has exactly that. They post an item like Ebay and put a starting price with an end date and time. Seems to work fairly well.

The don't have the fancy way to hide your high bid so you just post what you'd pay. If the auction end at 12:00 AM and someone trys to snipe at 11:59:30 the rules extend the auction for 12:01 to allow counter bids. It extends until bidding craps out. If you bid at 12:00:30 then your out of luck the auction was closed.

Actually since everyone knows that there isn't much sniping and some good deals can be had.

kickface

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of these people who hiked up prices are also the same who in times of plenty say 'keep your money in Tue community and shop local, even if it costs a couple bucks more.'

Latest posts

Top Bottom