Question asked at my pediatricians office

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raeken45

Made of wrongthink
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife is a nurse at an urgent care and says the question is on all of the triage forms. She refuses to ask anybody and just leaves it blank.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think my answer would be "how is the answer to that question pertinent to the reason for my visit to your office today?" - it's a trick question, there is no right answer.

Last edited:

SigInBoots

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
That question is so outdated. The new form should ask- "Is there any ammo in your home, specifically .22lr?"

ROFL

I wouldn't answer that question if it popped up on a medical form, and I'd tell the doctor to skip all "safety" questions so as not to waste our time in an interview. Whether I have guns, a pool, a staircase, uncovered outlets, locked medicine cabinets or anything else at home isn't for the doctor to worry about and certainly not for her to put in my child's record.

ArmyOfJuan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was asked this same question during a routine check up for one of my kids too. I have been a patient of my Dr. for years and I know that he is a avid shooter and outdoorsman. BUT, he works for Mercy (I didn't want to use their name but I don't know how to get around it and get my msg across) and they have specific practices that goes along with being a Catholic hospital network. For example, they won't tie women's tubes while doing a C-section if that is what the mother wants to do. They just do things according to their own rules. When my Dr asked that question, I got the distinct feeling that it was "I have to ask you this" moment. He didn't really even have a straight face about it...not smiling or smirking, but not a poker face either. I simply told him that my house was perfectly safe in regards to firearms. He did smile at that answer and we moved on.

Just wondering if mine was a similar situation.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's worked best for me is to just cut a loud fart anytime they ask a question I don't think is pertinent. If they ask again I just crap myself.

Latest posts

Top Bottom