Question on Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Will out-of-state licensees be treated the same as the people in this state? IOW, will their CCW licenses become just Carry Licenses when they come into our state? Or will they have to conceal?

I have some friends in Kansas who come down from time-to-time.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the same question, I carry now with an AZ non resident license. Who would I have to call or email?
I am hoping that someone here will take a stab at an answer, but if no one wants to on here, then the bill's main sponsor in the legislature might be able to help.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is the text from SB1733 in regards to reciprocity:

The State of Oklahoma hereby recognizes any valid concealed or unconcealed carry weapons permit or license issued by another state.
Any person entering this state in possession of a firearm authorized for concealed or unconcealed carry upon the authority and license of another state is authorized to continue to carry a concealed or unconcealed firearm and license in this state; provided the license from the other state remains valid. The firearm must either be carried fully unconcealed or concealed from detection and view, and upon coming in contact with any peace officer of this state, the person must disclose the fact that he or she is in possession of a concealed or unconcealed firearm pursuant to a valid concealed or unconcealed carry weapons permit or license issued in another state. Any person who is twenty-one (21) years of age or older having a valid firearm license from another state may apply for a concealed handgun license in this state immediately upon establishing a residence in this state.

The way I read it is someone with a CCL from another state would be allowed to OC while in OK.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
During the debate prior to the vote on the floor the sponsor was asked who will be able to open carry under the new bill. He replied that anyone who under current law that can carry concealed will be permitted to carry openly under the new law. He said anyone with a valid permit will be able to open carry.

Michael

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is the text from SB1733 in regards to reciprocity:

The way I read it is someone with a CCL from another state would be allowed to OC while in OK.

Thank you very much, kind and noble sir. That is how I read it as well. This information has been posted on the relevant Kansas forum.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
During the debate prior to the vote on the floor the sponsor was asked who will be able to open carry under the new bill. He replied that anyone who under current law that can carry concealed will be permitted to carry openly under the new law. He said anyone with a valid permit will be able to open carry.

Michael
That states the legislative intent, and that is important.

BTW, why don't we meet? We are so close to each other and, as I am retired, my schedule is wide open. Shoot me a PM, why don't ya?

Latest posts

Top Bottom