Ram's new EcoDiesel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So this is available starting in the 2014 models?

I believe they have just started production in late Jan. They won't let you order one just yet but soon. Ram is aiming for 15-20% of their trucks to be ecodiesel which I think they are grossly underestimating the demand that these will command. I would expect availability to be sketchy for the 2014 model year.

trickydick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For those Dodge haters, Nissan will be releasing a 5.0 liter Cummins V8 in their half ton later this year or early next. Personally I luv my 2005 Dodge 3/4 ton diesel. Ford has a 4 liter diesel they could put in a 1/2 ton pu, they probably just want to see how the dodge will do.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
VM Moturi is owned entirely by Fiat. The company is an Italian one. Fiat and Penske owned it jointly I think and Fiat bought them out.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ford has a 4 liter diesel they could put in a 1/2 ton pu, they probably just want to see how the dodge will do.
If Ford wanted to put a diesel in the F150, they already have the Federalized 3.2 PSD that's going into the Transit van. Right now, their estimation is that the ROI on half-ton diesels isn't there, particularly when they can hit payload, towing, and mileage targets with engines that can be amortized across multiple vehicle lines.

Latest posts

Top Bottom