Re-enlistment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
4 years is a blink.

I'm coming up on 15 years civilian - and it doesn't seem that long.
Difference is, I won't have the option to retire after 20 - like my friends in uniform.

A retirement check after 20 years is a MONSTER perk in my viewpoint.
And Medical benefits for life is nothing when your young - but it's everything when your older.

Good luck.

The medical benefits are huge! My God, I don't know what I'd do without Tricare. Be broke I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Will they pay for college? If so, do that and focus on a career that will be solid and makes decent money. And always save as much money as you possibly can

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stay in, get all the navy can offer in high tech schooling and training that is adaptable to civilian world. But being young, stay in, get a retirement, then get out and get another.

Yep. I stayed active duty for 21 years; retired young enough to get a second career and also retired from that. Sure is nice getting those retirement checks. (Plus wife is retired and we both get social security. So; 5 total sources of income steadily coming in: a very good way to make a living in our golden years. Plan wisely; live well in the future. Plan poorly and live hand to mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom