Reasonable hoodie laws coming to the sooner state

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like a burkha, my Real tree hoodie is a religious requirement.

Definitely time for Barrington to go, seems he has been doing Reid in Uncle Joe's kool-aid cocktails.

JacobDaddy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There were a couple of articles linked on my facebook feed of media outlets reporting that a Family Dollar had put up a sign telling customers to remove their hoods. The media grabbed a hold of it because some people in the black community felt that it was racist to require customers to remove their hoods.

Because we know that only african american's wear hoodies, right? Why can't a business want everyone to clearly show their faces without it being a black/white issue?

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because we know that only african american's wear hoodies, right?

Nope. Im a 45 yr old mixed white/native American dude and I counted 7 hoodies, 2 zipper and 5 pullover, in my closet besides the one Im in right now and another on the coat pile near the door. Have loved wearing them all my life, and will continue to do so. That said, I do not go into a store tho with the hood part on, hell most of the time I dont even wear it anyways as Im usually always wearing a beanie/stocking cap or baseball cap.

But where does it end? Whats next, tattoos, work pants, backwards ballcaps, slipon shoes, etc. If Im not in a beanie/stocking cap I wear a ballcap, backwards too if I want. Waaa. And my big azz dont fit in my 36s any more so Im pretty sure my 38s and the one 40 I have sags a bit too. Another waaa. O ya, I also love to wear slipon shoes- the same kind of black canvas hopsacks and blue boat shoes that look just like those prison issue shoes, I love em, super comfortable, Im wearing a pair now. Several times a year I stock up on them buying several boxes of each style at a time from Zappo's just to stay stocked up on them. And I have tattoos that are visible even when Im totally covered up in long sleeves and long pants- been getting them since 87' and Im in that business so I have them from top of neck to ankle. I also wear Dickies or Jesse James brand work pants and shirts as part of my usual dress, but when just around the house or out n about its usually always track pants or sweats. Looking at my wardrobe it would look like to an outsider that I prefer to wear the same kind of clothes that gangsters or ex cons- white, black, and brown- purportedly wear, but it is not a conscious effort to 'dress down'. I just like to wear casual comfortable clothes even tho I can afford to wear anything I want, as a musician and artist I can get away with it even when doing business. I do see how mainstreamers tho use the way certain people dress or look as a sign that this person is no good, my own mother has had to tell it to me more than a few thousand times. Doesnt mean Im changing my look tho.

I do get where 'they', meaning the powers that be, are coming from and I get why certain groups of people get targeted because of their clothing as well as how they look. But its not just bad people wearing the hoodies just like not all people who wear suits are to be trusted either.

Last edited:

CoyoteStalker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is stupid for a law. I completely understand businesses requiring people to remove their hood while inside and out of the cold, but hoods are needed protective gear for cold, wind and rain.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is stupid for a law. I completely understand businesses requiring people to remove their hood while inside and out of the cold, but hoods are needed protective gear for cold, wind and rain.
It is stupid. Its already a law that you cant go in a store with a hood on, I think most anyone halfway intelligent besides a robber does know not to do it. I may be conservative politically and economically but Im for sure socially liberal and these halfwit laws do nothing but raise the peoples contempt for the govt, especially when theyre intent is controlling every move we make.

JacobDaddy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
nofear - My comment was meant to be salted with sarcasm, I also own several hoodies and remove the hood when I enter a business. I also don't like wearing the hood while I am driving because it impairs my peripheral vision.

Latest posts

Top Bottom