Remington 1100 Jamming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Need some help on a Remington 1100 - 12 gauge. It seems like the spring has worn out. After thorough cleaning the third or forth round will not fully load and it gets hung up. I need someone that can figure out what is wrong and fix it in the Tulsa/Broken Arrow area. Thanks

totally clean the gun first. this includes removing the buttstock and cleaning the action tube and spring(in the buttstock) when reassembling make sure there is no oil or grease on the magtube.
the hot gasses will fry it and it will become sticky.

if it works with the first 2 or 3 rounds then hangs on the last couple. most likely you may need a new mag spring.
the mag spring has to have a lot of power because it slams the shell into the shell lifter latch located in the trigger guard. which activates the lifter. not enough power and the action locks open like your out of shells. if it partially lifts the shell and the bolt jams the shell halfway up to the chamber. it could be the lifter spring.

at the front of the bolt carrier you should have a piece that is about 3/16" tall, flat on 1 side, beveled on the other. flat side goes against the bolt carrier. the second piece is beveled on 1 side and stepped on the other. the bevel mates with the bevel on the other piece. then put on the oring (buy a new one they are cheap) then on goes barrel,hanguard and cap.

rw1341

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't know if you're up & running yet on your 1100. All good advice above. The O-ring is critical and a small nick can turn it into a single shot. I always keep an extra in my gear.

See if you can trade out mag springs with a buddy and see it that fixes your problem. If so, you've got your answer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom