Russia's New T-50 Jet Fighter Can't Compete

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Russia's New T-50 Fighter

i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae259_zdadthrice_Pistolas_russiant_50.jpg

i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae259_zdadthrice_Pistolas_the_t_50038e6761117c53d6ff82a3530077ebe4.jpg

i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae259_zdadthrice_Pistolas_the_only75e7d7c912d3c5826fe194f12aa437e4.jpg

This Is Why Russia's New T-50 Fighter Will Never Compete With The F-35

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/sukhoi-t-50-competes-with-the-f-35-2012-4?op=1#ixzz1rtcUmwRU

Of the jets in production that promise to take military fighters deep into the 21st century and beyond, the U.S. F-35, the Chinese J-20, and the Russian Sukhoi T-50 PAK FA are at the top of the heap.
Much like the F-35 is being sold to American allies, the Russians' T-50 will be offered to countries looking for an alternative to Lockheed Martin's fifth generation fighter.
India is tasked with getting a propulsion system into the Russian design; once that's done and the kinks are ironed out, the Russians expect to sell about 1,000 fighters worldwide.
But those countries won't be training pilots any time soon. According to Russia’s Centre for Analysis of World Arms Trade (CAWAT) the delivery schedule could be decades away for some purchasing nations. Malaysia won't get their delivery until 2035 at the earliest.
And if Americans thought they were alone in questioning the need for a fighter program, that by design seems a feature of the past, in today's drone-filled skies, many Russians question the need for their new fighter as well.
"There is no mission and no adversary for such plane," Russian defense analyst Konovalov says. "It would be more expedient to fit modern avionics to older generation jets."

i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae259_zdadthrice_Pistolas_the_t_507931d379a70114b3ca6193a881364a89.jpg

i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae259_zdadthrice_Pistolas_russia_h33e7cf93b8f0b304f00e703d56f93314.jpg

Bassin'ForLife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Russians have been able to do some amazing things with aircraft in the past. Then again so have we. I imagine Sukhoi has been sucking as much funding as they can (cough...Lockheed) to add all sorts of bells and whistles without producing any sort of concrete product that actually functions on a basic level.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Internal Pentagon report finds major F-35 problems

http://www.jdnews.com/articles/problems-98498-martin-pentagon.html

Trillion-Dollar Jet Has Thirteen Expensive New Flaws

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2011/12/joint-strike-fighter-13-flaws/

F-35 problems force US to upgrade old fighter jets

The US Air Force plans to spend $2.8 billion to keep old combat aircraft in the air because of major delays with the new F-35 fighter jet program, top officials said Friday.

http://www.defencetalk.com/f-35-problems-force-us-to-upgrade-old-fighter-jets-40316/

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang, Billybob - way to go and throw cold water on a potential "our stuff is better than your stuff" thread.

I remember years ago hearing of how inferior the Mig-29 was to our fighters.....until we got our hands on one.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was under the impression that the F-35 is a bomb truck, where the F-22 is the air superiority fighter.

Raptor knocks em down, F-35 bats cleanup and beats the crap outta ground targets.

Performance specs aren't anything unless you compare it to what it is replacing... How does the F-35 stack against the F-16?

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All the new fighters are 20th century. The 21st century will have unmanned drones filling the sky's IMO. A human pilot can only go though so many G's while a drone doesn't have that issue. And all the kids and their video games have been trained for the new technology.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang, Billybob - way to go and throw cold water on a potential "our stuff is better than your stuff" thread.

I remember years ago hearing of how inferior the Mig-29 was to our fighters.....until we got our hands on one.

The MiG-29 Fulcrum is a formidable adversary in a dog fight but is of little concern to High Value Assets (assuming it's detected) because of it's absolutely abhorrent range. It has a very good look down shoot down AI Radar and is capable of carrying beyond visual range air to air missiles. There's a reason it's used as a "point defense" type of fighter.

We should have bought more Raptors.

Agreed. Along with those raptors we should have bulked up on A-10s and possibly bought some weaponized T-6s as recommended by Lt Col Spalding.

Latest posts

Top Bottom