Samsung Captivate vs. Iphone 4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well if my Galaxy S is any example, I'd have thrown the Iphone in the toilet and flushed it. They eat batteries like crazy! But at least I can change it in my Captivate. Not so with Iphone 4 which is asinine IMO. That's enough to go Captivate right there.

The GPS thing is legit and frustrating. That and battery life is my only gripe. RustyZX9 told me to download an app that kills everything that's running except for the major stuff and it does help alot. It also helps alot to power it off once a week.

I'd go with the Captivate again if I had to do it again. It's a good phone and it will be even better when I get the nerve to root it.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let's face it, cell phones fall into 2 categories. Iphones and phones trying to catch up to the iPhone, they even refer to themselves trying to be the iPhone killer.

yeah, keep promoting the the koolaid. :)

Trust me, if apple got off it for a bit and actually made the thing more tinker friendly, I would have gotten one.

That and Shadow's got a valid point with the battery.

Mine just updated and I haven't noticed the search button going crazy anymore.

GlocksInMySocks

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ha, it's cool man, just admit it... you're using a phone that compares itself to the standard... the iphone... everything else is a stepchild... ha.

now let's hear some angry replies haha

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ha, it's cool man, just admit it... you're using a phone that compares itself to the standard... the iphone... everything else is a stepchild... ha.

now let's hear some angry replies

I think its subjective. Personally, I hate iOS. I hate their phones, I hate their media players. And much for the same reason I have problems with the government. Too much dictation in what I can and cant do. I will, however, say that the iPhone has the better screen and camera. But iOS is crap, at least in my opinion, to the linux based android, more so with android 2.2. Battery life is another issue. This is a phone afterall and not something that I need wired to an outlet or USB port. iPhone seriously fails in that department.

If you want to get down to imitation, I guess the iPhone stole their ideas from pioneers in smart devices like the original palms and really the first full blow handheld OS device, the newton. But I dont like to play that game. I give a nod of respect to the iPhone for their innovation with multitouch, great screen size and quality and overall design. But to infer that anything that resembles the iPhone is a knock-off and will never be as good as the iPhone is absurd.

Android OS has made leaps an bounds since the first cupcake version on my G1 and the momentum will only increase in its gooey goodness. Why? Open Source Community. Apple really screws the pooch on that. I cannot understand why, considering they use a Unix variant as their base, they would want to cut off what is essentially free rapid advancement of software and technology by the hands of literally thousands of programmers.

stroker-c10

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I personally say get the captivate. I bought mine the week that they were released and have yet to have a significant issue to ***** about, especially considering I bought it when it was brand new and still has a few issues to work out. Keep in consideration I have never personally used an iphone 4, but have used my girlfriends iphone 3gs and I hated it. Just like the configuration of the android software much better and the swype texting feature is AWESOME. This is my third smartphone and by far my favorite. Only real dislike about the phone is that it is all touchscreen and I am so used to having a keyboard.

stroker-c10

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well if my Galaxy S is any example, I'd have thrown the Iphone in the toilet and flushed it. They eat batteries like crazy! But at least I can change it in my Captivate. Not so with Iphone 4 which is asinine IMO. That's enough to go Captivate right there.

The GPS thing is legit and frustrating. That and battery life is my only gripe. RustyZX9 told me to download an app that kills everything that's running except for the major stuff and it does help alot. It also helps alot to power it off once a week.

I'd go with the Captivate again if I had to do it again. It's a good phone and it will be even better when I get the nerve to root it.

You are probably referring to advanced task killer and it does make a pretty big difference.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's battery life issue are you guys referring to? I've worked side by side with people who have various other phones and my iPhone always wins on battery life. I never have to plug it up during they day. They always do. And as for changing the battery, who does that? I've never had to buy a new battery for ANY phone I've ever had going all the way back to my first cell phone in 1996.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's battery life issue are you guys referring to? I've worked side by side with people who have various other phones and my iPhone always wins on battery life. I never have to plug it up during they day. They always do. And as for changing the battery, who does that? I've never had to buy a new battery for ANY phone I've ever had going all the way back to my first cell phone in 1996.

That seems a lot like tempting fate. If you use / own your cell phone long enough, you will eventually need to change the battery in it - even with iPods, etc... its just something you will eventually have to do. If you've never had to do this, I can say that 1. you've been lucky, and 2. you've gotten rid of them before the battery finally stopped holding a charge.

If you don't get rid of it with your Apple product, good luck changing it without either a lot of work, or a lot of money.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That seems a lot like tempting fate. If you use / own your cell phone long enough, you will eventually need to change the battery in it - even with iPods, etc... its just something you will eventually have to do. If you've never had to do this, I can say that 1. you've been lucky, and 2. you've gotten rid of them before the battery finally stopped holding a charge.

If you don't get rid of it with your Apple product, good luck changing it without either a lot of work, or a lot of money.

I usually keep a cell phone for about a year. My first iPhone, I kept for 2 years. I'm on my phone constantly. If a battery will last 2 years, that's all I need. I'm going to have a new phone by then. Who keeps a cell phone longer than 2 years? I don't think most people keep them more than a year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom