Scope suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Scopes on levers don't look right. Kinda like clothing on a Playboy bunny.

Anyways, none of my levers have scopes. I prefer open sights. More challenging as I grow older and my eyes go to hell. :D

fishn&huntn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I use at least a 40mm on anything I hunt with for the light gathering. Put the best you can afford on a muzzleloader if you run 150gr loads.They will ruin a cheapy after a few shots. you never mentioned your budget

Reaction score
Gonna mount it on my 30-30 Marlin, hunting purposes. Any specific type for muzzleloader also?

OK, good start. Now what's the budget?

Generally speaking, for a .30-30 levergun, I like a small light scope with a low end magnification in the 1.0-2.0 range, and high end magnification in the 4 to 7 range, and an objective lens no larger than 32 or maybe 36.

This is the scope I'd buy right now if scoping pretty much any short or medium range rifle, if you can afford it:

http://www.nikonhunting.com/riflescopes-omega-omega-muzzleloader-165-5x36.html

For a variety of reasons (PM me if you want more detail). This scope and the 3-9x40mm Omega are the best value going in scopes right now, bar none.

I'd be a GREAT choice for both of your rifles, ML included.

Latest posts

Top Bottom