SE OK....Worth the day trip?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of the most beautiful areas are in SE Okla. Went to college in Wilburton. Beavers bend and Talimena Dr are a must.

Krebs has the best Italian food around. We like Roseannas, but Pete's Place is also good.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
For the same or shorter drive you could go over to Eurika Springs, beaver lake, Fayetteville Arkansas and see some really pretty country, neat shops and restaurants... Lots to explore over there. I'm Planning on hiking Devils Den soon..

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a SE Oklahoma native - southern LeFlore County. My recommendation would be to go south from Poteau through Heavener to the turnoff @ Page to go across Kiamichi Mountain on HWY 259 and on to the HWY 144 turnoff @ Octavia to Honobia. Eat at the Honobia Creek Store & Cafe, then go south on HWY 144 to Bethel and get back on Hwy 259 south to Broken Bow Lake/Beavers Bend. Return trip north on HWY 259 and take Talimena Scenic Drive turnoff to Wilhemena Lodge and then back on the scenic drive to Talihina for supper at Pam's Hateful Hussy Diner.

Cedar Creek

SdoubleA

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a SE Oklahoma native - southern LeFlore County. My recommendation would be to go south from Poteau through Heavener to the turnoff @ Page to go across Kiamichi Mountain on HWY 259 and on to the HWY 144 turnoff @ Octavia to Honobia. Eat at the Honobia Creek Store & Cafe, then go south on HWY 144 to Bethel and get back on Hwy 259 south to Broken Bow Lake/Beavers Bend. Return trip north on HWY 259 and take Talimena Scenic Drive turnoff to Wilhemena Lodge and then back on the scenic drive to Talihina for supper at Pam's Hateful Hussy Diner.

Cedar Creek

+1
Just pay special attention to the logging trucks in the hills.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

11b1776

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Cedar Creek

Another +1 on this except I can't vouch for the eating places, no worries about banjos, it's all blacktop.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks all for the great advice. Now I need to break out my road atlas and see what all you are talking about. Google earth is not sufficient.

And as much as I would like to go look for Bigfoot, I just bought a new Ram Mega Cab and it would be a long drive back to Sapulpa with crap in the pants if I saw it. No thanks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom