Shark Week Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm curious to see what this years Shark Week turns up. Last years was pretty weak. Tonights opener was a the same old, same old, finding a huge leaping shark. Followed by a mocumentary of S.Africa's legend "Submarine" great white. That being a same old, same old carbon copy of last years megalodon mocumentary... a bs trend set by Discoveries Animal Planet mermaid shenanigans in years past.

What in the world happened to the science they put into shark week years ago? Who the heck wants to see 8 hours of white sharks catching a rubber seal?

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've grown pretty tired of South African great whites and sci-fi shows depicting extinct sharks in modern times. I am looking forward to alien sharks in the coming days though. Would be nice to get one factual show in during this week.

FakeHuman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We watch it every year, but I'm not liking the "Docudrama" trend with shows like Megladon and Submarine shark. Just give me crazy people getting in the water with Great Whites, the breaching sharks, real shark attacks, and stuff like that.

eyecyou

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup just show me some seals, rubber or blubber, gettin torn apart and I'm happy. Keep the scifi on scifi

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some actual documentary episodes that highlight behaviors and biology of specific species (tigers, blues, bulls, whales, etc.) would be a nice change of pace.

Latest posts

Top Bottom