Should I buy a used Range Rover?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a 2002 model at one time, bought it used for 5k in 2011 from a friend.

They are nice and have nearly imaginable bell and whistle that you can think of, but the cost to keep the thing running on an older one is incredible. The resale is awful, but you can always say you owned a RR. You can buy a new one for 60K and sell it 10 yrs later for pennies and let someone else deal with it (like me). After owning one, whenever I see a RR, I always say, "There goes another lease". Maybe true, maybe not, but you hardly see any old RR on the road, I would know...I always look for them.

T34r1tUp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I have an lr3 its been great. I had a customer with a freelander he did not have very good luck with it. Parts are very expensive. I order everything from online instead of dealer its cheaper but alot of downtime.

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, the price should have been a clue. I've been looking at early 2000 models of Pathfinders and 4runners. The clean ones are few and far between in this part of Oklahoma/North Texas, and priced higher than these two Range Rovers. I just need something to get me to work on the few days each year when we have snow or ice and will carry more than one passenger like my truck does. I'll keep looking and hope something pops up around here soon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom