Silverado 1500 tires in Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just bought a 2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 and it needs tires, 245/75/16. I normaly buy tires from Sam's club but wondering if I might be better off looking at other options. This truck will only get used to go get lumber or something that won't fit in my van and to get us out if we have another snow like last winter. Would be looking for a good tire at a reasionable price, $150.00 tops, $100 would be better.

Any tips on a good tire brand and dealer in Tulsa?

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've been using Hercules at 71st and Elm. I just bought my 18th tire from them. 4 sets and a pair.
That said, you can get good deals online from what i hear, but you don't get the service that comes from a tire shop.
That's why I buy Hercules.
Haveing boys that drive and a wife that knows where the curbs are, and my offroading are hard on tires. The service and warranty that i get from Hercules has been great so far.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try Mastercraft Tires at 36th and Sheridan. Indy that has been there a long time, I used him on my last set of tires and was very pleased.

At the time it was interesting, his price per tire is the out the door price, not plus install, balancing, etc. So if he quotes you $100 a tire, that is out the door....

dcmtex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had the best luck when time to replace with factory takeoffs, I get more miles on them..other than that Hibdon has always been fair and comprtitive.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have to go to Hibdon or Firestone to get them, but I'm on my second set of Firestone Destination ATs on my Explorer (first one lasted just over 50k miles), and I love them. For a quieter ride at the cost of some snow and mud traction, look at Destination LEs (which were good to me on my Ranger).

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been running Firestone Discovery tires on my 2003 4x Silverado. Got nearly 90K on the first (factory set) and about to change out the second set at 185K.

These tires got a lot of stop and go... lot's of highway miles, some trailer towing, farm work -offroading and held up very well.

Any tire you buy... and the Chevy 4x. Rotate the tires about every other oil change... they will last a long time if you do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom