So, whatcha like to do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Besides shooting, I play golf, dabble in high power model rocketry, have half a dozen RC cars and boats. Number one hobby is astronomy though. Been branching into astrophotography over the last few months. Here's a shot I got of Jupiter last night with it's moon Io out to the right.

View attachment 54873

That's impressive!

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
deer hunting (all I hunt anymore...had to prioritize).

kayaking/canoeing and camping and fishing from said boats. I really dig river camping trips.

I've fly fished since I was 11 years old, though you couldn't tell it by watching me try to get any distance. :/

anything backcountry. hiking/camping/backpacking. spending a week in the southern rockies again this summer.

traveling as much as my poor ass can.

I don't count yard/housework as a hobby, but I own a nigh 100 year old house so it's a given. and a money pit.

meat, fire, brown likker, tequila, cheap beer, good beer. are those hobbies? throw live music in there, too. I see a lot of shows.

antiques/flea markets/thrifting/collecting weird crap (though I've tried to minimize since I moved in 2012).

film photography (slr and rangefinder)

I like wrenching but the above list mostly just leaves me barely enough $$ to keep my 2 vehicles on the road,

Mkokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well with the obvious I enjoy shooting, my cousin is a marine and a cop in Glendale, AZ, he's getting me into more defensive style pistol, I enjoy building rifles and tinkering with my pistols, reloading is a must with all of that, with all of that said I also enjoy building and riding motorcycles, working on my house has turned into more of a hobby than I would have liked, never ending, I recently took back up mountain biking which I really enjoy, also I like doing the obstacle course races, ran 3 races last year, took 5th at the Rugged Maniac race in October, my goal this year is to win one, so far I'm entered in 3 races, goal is five this year so easier said than done for a guy who hates running, I also enjoy a nice drink or a good beer and using my smoker and my grill, and of course live music is always a plus, no head banging stuff, to old for that crap now

Devon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I graft pecan and black walnut trees. Grafting season starts in about two weeks.

Plus all of the typical redneck Oklahoma hobbies (hunting, fishing, gardening, cooking, chainsaws, tractors, bluegrass, guitars, etc.).

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like to reload love custom rifles. Backcountry hunting is my passion particularly high alpine mule deer (tags are damn hard to draw so don't get to do it often)

Shooting prarie dogs
Collecting odd ball caliber rifles and shooting them.
Training for backcountry hunts and glassing I can sit for hours and pick apart country with either a spotter or binos on a tripod.
Planning for a dream sheep hunt someday (hope to go to either Alaska or bc by 2022)
Love buying and testing gear for the backcountry as well. (Self proclaimed gear addict)
Cooking wild game of any kind.
Long range (400 Yard plus ) shooting
Spending time with my fiancé it's a plus she likes to shoot and is a damn good spotter.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Besides shooting, I play golf, dabble in high power model rocketry, have half a dozen RC cars and boats. Number one hobby is astronomy though. Been branching into astrophotography over the last few months. Here's a shot I got of Jupiter last night with it's moon Io out to the right.

View attachment 54873
Nice pic!! My daughter would be jealous! She loves astronomy, but hasn't broke into the photography yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

johnj

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
13062257_1077418392315342_4000567347322403605_n.jpg
i make spurs an buckles
13102621_1078189152238266_7202711530591898319_n.jpg
13096134_1078189145571600_4860139520578229325_n.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom