So, whatcha like to do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stay busy. Since I live part of the year in OK and the other part in my native CA driving and traveling and anything to do with cars is kind of a hobby as Ive been driving back and forth since marrying an Okie girl. Back in CA Yosemite is nearly in my back yard in one direction- day trips to visit my buddy in Mariposa always end up at the park, Tahoe is in the opposite direction as well as Reno on down the hill, San Francisco in another direction, big trees national park is next door, snow skiing at Bear Valley is up the road from my house, fishing and hiking in the Sierra Nevadas, and its not too far down the hill to get to the ocean. There is never a dull or boring moment living on a mountain.

In OK I like to relax out in my shop/studio late at night building and sometimes selling custom stage rigs and pedalboards for guitar and bass live playing; working on music projects, for sale and personal; performing, recording music w/bands and in instrumental and solo projects; spend alot of time working in my home studio on recording projects and musician friends' projects. I like to work on my cars and trucks, custom mobile audio installs, buy/mod/sell sports cars, etc. I keep tarantulas, scorpions, and reptiles; raise and sell feeder insects to other enthusiasts. I collect horror & sci fi collectibles, art, graphic novels, films, etc; antique mortuary tools,funeral decor,headstone art, etc. Ive played foosball tournaments locally,nationally since I was 14; play in pool leagues sometimes, and cards on the side. I like to attend sporting events- boxing, MMA, NHRA, extreme sports events, etc. I box, train w/JKD, lift weights, ride a single spd bicycle. Love to shoot my pistols and rifle. Like to drive fast cars fast. Cooking and baking is fun, I took a couple of courses at a CA culinary school so I could learn to make myself fatter. Traveling- Im a nomad by nature, I like to be out going places and alot of times its on the cheap by hanging out with friends and relatives that are coast to coast. I have traveled the US and overseas working as a musician and as a traveler, plans are always scheduled for upcoming trips. My favorite places to visit are national parks, museums, historical areas, old cemetaries, abandoned homes and castles, haunted homes and most other haunted places, trips with ghost hunting groups, etc.

Last edited:

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I race cars, play tennis, and fondle women, BUT! I have weekends off, and I am my own boss.

Ok seriously, I like shooting (obviously), cooking and listening to music. I don't have a lot of free time, so my old passion of reading books has kind of fallen by the wayside. I started making leather holsters about a year ago, and enjoy it tremendously. Of course, now I have an even bigger "box 'o holsters" than before.

IndVet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Besides shooting, I play golf, dabble in high power model rocketry, have half a dozen RC cars and boats. Number one hobby is astronomy though. Been branching into astrophotography over the last few months. Here's a shot I got of Jupiter last night with it's moon Io out to the right.

Jupiter 31 Mar 2016.jpg

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's an amazing shot! That reminds me, though... bought my son some model rocket stuff last August and we haven't done anything with it. <sigh> Never seems to be enough time, and the times I'm off, he's got school.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I forgot what I like to do.

With three young kids and a wife who works nights, I do whatever it is they need to do...which usually involves driving and sitting.

Drive to hockey rink. Sit.
Drive to cheer practice. Sit.
Drive to band practice. Sit.

Whatever time I have left, I work, clean the house, cook meals, grocery shop and catch a TV show now and then....oh and sometimes I sleep!

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love working on cars, shooting guns, and tinkering. In the tinkering I do some woodworking, electronics and I really want to get a welder and start doing metal stuff.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've realized that my hobby is collecting hobbies. I like to hunt and fish, shoot, collect guns (I'm getting good at this one :-) ), ride motorcycles, work on my 68 Mustang (I REALLY need to start actually doing this rather than just owning a Mustang that needs worked on). I've been into radio control planes and cars and have been fighting the urge to get a drone (I'm slowly losing that battle). I am set up to reload, but I haven't actually reloaded a single round in over a year.

Basically I'm really good at starting a hobby and then finding another hobby that interests me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom