speeding 10 over

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If probation doesn't work, look into driving school. You can complete it online. You still pay the price of the ticket + the cost of school, which in some jurisdictions (depending on the fine amount) can double your total fees, but at least your record stays clean.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
got it in eufalua county by Highway Patrol for 40 in 30, will it go on my record??

Yes, your permanent record. :)

They used to warn us in high school that certain infractions of policy would "go on our permanent record." I just thought about it and I don't believe anyone has reviewed my "permanent records" (whatever that is) since high school.

Is the permanent record in high school even a real thing or was I duped??

Bryan

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not normally a speeder, but one time coming back from Tahlequah I found myself going 15 over on the Muskogee Turnpike when no one else was on it (it honestly was an accident-going downhill). Of course the only other car on the road was HIPO. Nice guy. He wrote the ticket, but knocked it down to 1-9 MPH over so it wouldn't be reported to the insurance company. I tell you, I was never happier to pay a fine as I was to not have that 10-over ticket go on my record. Amazing what happens when you're nice to the person pulling you over...

dbarbee

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've found that going to court, pleading guilty, and then asking "what can I do to keep this off of my record?" (not "what will you do for me?") has gotten it reduced every time.

It doesn't help if you have a CDL though, ALL speeding convictions go on your record regardless of the speed over the limit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom