SQ 788 Regs - Keep the Cartels out of the MMJ Market

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Colorado was over saturated fast. So was Oregon, but there are still many many many successful businesses. Hell one dispensary that has 7 locations alone has an open offer to BUY businesses outright, They are sitting on liquid $60-100m in cash easy.

Now I don't profess to be a saint who wants to be poor, but I also don't think those that haven't been around will be around in the future.

Its easy as **** to grow. And economies of scale will always bring the cost down. Also more economical operations say, that have one or two growers who can manage hundreds of plants (me) give little regard to the operation with 20 people doing the same thing.

I could tell you about the dispensaries I sell product through, never have less than 5 cars in a 20 spot lot. And more often than not, Overflow into the Applebees.

The reality is that dispensary you saw, probably had **** product!
I can't verify that as I've never partook. Just going off what a colorado pot smoker told me.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How about 30% less than street prices, with a lab certified test saying my Cannabis is actually clean, and has say 18% THC or more.....

Or......

How about the same price as the street with the same things, and you get to see a smiling US citizen bag it all up for you and hand you a card telling you about the dangers to young kids, and the Gentleman or Woman kindly helping you, knows you by name, and has some suggestions for your ailments. And then we put the people who are running UNLICENSED BUSINESSES that are HEAVILY REGULATED, in Jail!

Oh and we pay taxes. So instead of funding a righteous failure of a war on drugs. We can actually create prosperity.

There you have it folks. The GOVERNMENT REGULATED businesses are willing to take away the freedoms of those that want to be independent business people. Taking away their freedom and putting them in jail.
If you don't buy your gun from a government licensed gun dealer you go to jail.
The democrats with their "common sense" gun laws that want to do away with private transactions among law abiding citizens would be proud!!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The cartels have been shifting product lines ever since MJ got a legal start. That's why heroin, meth and opiate use is exploding right now. The cartels will continue to shift from Mexican ditchweed to hard drugs as MJ continues to go mainstream. I'll be shocked if the U.S. government is still in the illegal MJ business in 5 years. There's more tax money to be made in FDA regulation of MJ than there is in DEA confiscation of it.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's more tax money to be made in FDA regulation of MJ than there is in DEA confiscation of it.
Perhaps, but there's more power and control in having a sizable segment of the population subject to arrest and prosecution at any time. Also, the for-profit prison industry donates heavily to campaigns, and there's still a sizable portion of the population that thinks the government can successfully legislate morality.

But then, some people say I'm cynical.

Latest posts

Top Bottom