SSAR-15 Bump Stocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Jckellison

Having shot a few, they're hard to control, even with a ton of practice. It's very cumbersome, and there's some serious heat coming off the rails after a beta mag dump.

After shooting it, I decided to pass on it. But... Yeah, they're fun

pktrkt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The SlideFire will work on a 15-22 you just have to change your stock trigger group for a RockRiver 2 stage or Timney or another 3.5 lb type of FCG. Control comes with much practice even with the 22 but after you've put a few hundred rounds down range it get much easier. At about 35 yards we can put about a 5 in group center mass on a silhouette target with short 5 shot bursts, mag dumps go out to about 8-10 in. After using the 22 for practice we found we could also put 3-5 round bursts center mass with a .556 but the groups opened to about 10 in. Still not bad for bump firing. Having fired many rounds thru FA class 3 weapons the bump stock is close but only with much practice. It's not for everyone but still lots of fun, if you like that sort of shooting. YMMV

Kiyot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure if they ban them you would be able to keep yours maybe have toregister it, but them it would be worth x10. Like auto Sears and full autos.

I believe with the original Akins Accelerator you had to turn it over if you had bought one. So more than likely if it does turn out to be banned the same thing would happen and you would have to by law turn it into the ATF.

pktrkt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think they only had to turn in the spring, not sure but that was my understanding. I read that the stock wasn't the problem but the spring that pushed the stock forward was. It was what made the stock work in a pseudo FA. I searched it once but can't remember where the info was located, you might do a search as I'm not quite as young as I once was and memory sorta fades. ;-)

Kiyot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think they only had to turn in the spring, not sure but that was my understanding. I read that the stock wasn't the problem but the spring that pushed the stock forward was. It was what made the stock work in a pseudo FA. I searched it once but can't remember where the info was located, you might do a search as I'm not quite as young as I once was and memory sorta fades. ;-)
Tried to search before posting to back up what I was saying but was on old threads, but the official announcements about from the ATF and such went to dead links, they did say something about having to mail them the spring. Think they were told they were supposed to write out a deal with them also claiming they were the owner of the spring and that they knew that it constituted a firearm. That to me sounds like asking for a mass confession that could later be used against someone. Better not have any loose springs in your house and still have the stock.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe with the original Akins Accelerator you had to turn it over if you had bought one. So more than likely if it does turn out to be banned the same thing would happen and you would have to by law turn it into the ATF.
Dang, well i guess im gonna pass on it. I think if they legalize the manufacturing of full autos it would help the economy! So many people would go out and buy one or two. Anybody want to pitch in and hire a lobbyist?!?!?!:cannon:

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was the spring. Bill Akins is a member here. PM him, and I bet he'll tell you about it. He got screwed.

Even if they did "ban" bumpfire stocks, for $350, you can have full auto-ish fun for some time. I betcha you get tired of paying for all that ammo long before it was outlawed. I've paid more than $350 for a fun time that all I got to keep from was the memory of it. So have most of us. Hell, pay for a trip to Puerto Rico. If you want one, get one!

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was the spring. Bill Akins is a member here. PM him, and I bet he'll tell you about it. He got screwed.

Even if they did "ban" bumpfire stocks, for $350, you can have full auto-ish fun for some time. I betcha you get tired of paying for all that ammo long before it was outlawed. I've paid more than $350 for a fun time that all I got to keep from was the memory of it. So have most of us. Hell, pay for a trip to Puerto Rico. If you want one, get one!

Dang you Super Dave, you are very convincing, now im gonna have to go buy that ssar plus a m&p15-22 so i can have some super fun!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom