State Question 779. Penny tax for teachers raises by the numbers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the sales tax increase is passed the legislature will be emboldened to redirect more money away from education toward other areas of .gov they prefer.

Then, when the next fiscal crisis arrives, we will all be posting "I thought horse racing was going to fund the schools" and "I thought the lottery was going to fund the schools" and "I thought the sales tax increase was going to fund the schools".

They are really serious this time.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I have the powerpoint presentation that is shown for the training to get signatures. It's on my phone and email but I'm to stoopid to figure out how to post it!

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We. Are. Taxed. Enough. Already.

The teacher sob stories don't change that, even if they are true.

I love and respect teachers, but our government needs to spend smarter, not more.

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Something for you to think about. Say three schools around you consolidate and each have large bonds for new buildings they just constructed in last few years and maybe one school is in bad financial trouble. What is going to happen to your property tax?

raeken45

Made of wrongthink
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't necessarily think that they all have to consolidate buildings but in some cases it wouldn't hurt. I just don't see why every small school district needs a superintendent and administration. Why not do one or two for the whole county instead of a dozen.

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious Podman but did your parents pay for the first 12 yrs of your education? I can guarantee you the property taxes on real estate did not get it done. So who did?

No, I went to public school. They didn't have private schools close to where I live. They do now and I would probably have been better going to one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom