Strangest meal lately....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was a kid one "meal" that I would have on occasion is one that I happened onto by accident. We had some leftover cornbread from when we had beans, cornbread and fried potatoes. Unfortunately ALL we had leftover was the cornbread, so I started trying to figure out what I could do with that cornbread. For some reason I got the wild idea that cornbread and ketchup sounded good. So that's what I had for lunch, a big bowl of cornbread and ketchup. For the longest time I looked forward to beans and cornbread mostly because I wanted to make use of the leftovers. :-)

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you butter a piece of leftover cornbread (a few secs in microwave to melt butter), you can add pancake syrup, Karo syrup or even a spoonful of molasses. That's pretty good.

YakBasser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My EX Father In Law had his Wife fix a chocalate cake every time She fixed beans, then He would eat the cake covered with the beans????

I never saw it, but my Mom swears that my Dad usta eat cottage cheese with maple syrup on it :puke:

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, when I was a kid, I used to mix sugar and lard. I now weigh 260. I offer this as a strange meal, not a recommended one.

I also used to eat crackers and butter. Actually, this one's not all that strange, but it does have something to do with the 260.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was a kid one "meal" that I would have on occasion is one that I happened onto by accident. We had some leftover cornbread from when we had beans, cornbread and fried potatoes. Unfortunately ALL we had leftover was the cornbread, so I started trying to figure out what I could do with that cornbread. For some reason I got the wild idea that cornbread and ketchup sounded good. So that's what I had for lunch, a big bowl of cornbread and ketchup. For the longest time I looked forward to beans and cornbread mostly because I wanted to make use of the leftovers. :-)

Yum. I like to dip garlic toast or most any kind of bread in catsup.

Latest posts

Top Bottom