Students suspended for wearing Confederate flags to protest gay rainbow flag

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It doesn't work like that. Gay guys don't have sex to produce gay offspring. Gays are born from heterosexual acts. Those links provide some evidence suggesting just that.

How do infertile individuals help the species? Since they cannot produce offspring, should they be denied the legal rights provided under the contract of marriage?

Whatever dude, you're not getting it because you don't want to. I think we're done here.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All I'm really getting from you is that you are all about tolerance as long as people think like you. You can't stand that I don't agree and you hate it even more because most of my morals come from the bible. Even though I have said that i tolerate those with whom I don't agree and not raise a hand against them, it's not good enough because I'm not drinking your Kool aid.
When you grow up and become what I like to call "a big boy" you'll see that you don't get to tell others how to think or how to raise their kids. Sometimes you have to agree to disagree, which is what I've done with the whole gay issue. The only real point I made on here is that you are entitled to your beliefs as long as you don't trample mine. You don't get that because your idea of tolerance is purely one sided.
You better go make that first million while you still know everything cause take it from me, you'll wake up one day and realize you don't know jack.

You cannot place a group of legal US citizens below you and then claim I'm the intolerant one because I said you've made an ignorant choice in doing so. I'm all for equality, which means that every legal US citizen should have the same rights as every other legal US citizen. To deny another legal US citizen those rights is the very definition of intolerance in action. To argue for such equality is not called intolerance, but if it is, I'm intolerant towards hate, ignorance, and prejudice. So, guilty as charged, I suppose.

If your morals are solely based off a book that's been translated, re-written, translated again, re-re-re-re-written, translated again, all from 90 year old word-of-mouth stories told from men who had little to no grasp on science, which instructs its followers to stone women and children, then your morals are sh*t.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You cannot place a group of legal US citizens below you and then claim I'm the intolerant one because I said you've made an ignorant choice in doing so. I'm all for equality, which means that every legal US citizen should have the same rights as every other legal US citizen. To deny another legal US citizen those rights is the very definition of intolerance in action. To argue for such equality is not called intolerance, but if it is, I'm intolerant towards hate, ignorance, and prejudice. So, guilty as charged, I suppose.

If your morals are solely based off a book that's been translated, re-written, translated again, re-re-re-re-written, translated again, all from 90 year old word-of-mouth stories told from men who had little to no grasp on science, which instructs its followers to stone women and children, then your morals are sh*t.

This is why you are a fool: I never one time spoke of taking anyone's rights away. Not once. Go back a re read all my posts. Get off your soap box and grow up.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is why you are a fool: I never one time spoke of taking anyone's rights away. Not once. Go back a re read all my posts. Get off your soap box and grow up.

You suggested denying gays the right to marriage. You definitely appear to be more tolerant and accepting than many folks, because you did suggest baby steps, but when it comes to rights, they should have been granted the right to marriage from Day 1. Baby steps catering to the ignorant, homophobic "morals" of the religious masses is stupid when people are, in multiple ways, struggling to survive a normal day many of us live without second thought, all because they were born different than us.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You suggested denying gays the right to marriage. You definitely appear to be more tolerant and accepting than many folks, because you did suggest baby steps, but when it comes to rights, they should have been granted the right to marriage from Day 1.

Technically they do have the same rights to marriage as everyone else, just not the right to marry someone of the same sex. What they're looking for is an expansion of the right to marriage (is that even a right?). If the government would stay the hell out of people's personal business, then who marries who would be much less of a concern to most.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You suggested denying gays the right to marriage. You definitely appear to be more tolerant and accepting than many folks, because you did suggest baby steps, but when it comes to rights, they should have been granted the right to marriage from Day 1. Baby steps catering to the ignorant, homophobic "morals" of the religious masses is stupid when people are, in multiple ways, struggling to survive a normal day many of us live without second thought, all because they were born different than us.

No I did not. I said they would have a better chance of getting it in moderation, I didn't say whether or not that was just I just said that was more likely to work. I also said that since Christianity does not allow it, they should not force churches to perform ceremonies. I don't care one way or another what other people do butI will not be forced to agree with something I do not just because someone like you thinks I should. Your whole approach is both ignorant and childish because in order to promote your view you felt the need to attack mine even though I did not attack yours. You cannot accept that other people whom you know nothing about can think independently of your ideals and still be good people.
You have repeatedly disparaged Christians for their beliefs here in this forum while claiming that you want tolerance for all. You sir, are a true hypocrite with nothing intelligent to offer to any discussion.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It doesn't work like that. Gay guys don't have sex to produce gay offspring. Gays are born from heterosexual acts. Those links provide some evidence suggesting just that.

How do infertile individuals help the species? Since they cannot produce offspring, should they be denied the legal rights provided under the contract of marriage?

They don't. They don't contribute to the gene pool.

They should be afforded exactly the same rights as everyone else. Marry someone of opposite sex, get a tax break. Or choose not to. Simple.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No I did not. I said they would have a better chance of getting it in moderation, I didn't say whether or not that was just I just said that was more likely to work. I also said that since Christianity does not allow it, they should not force churches to perform ceremonies. I don't care one way or another what other people do butI will not be forced to agree with something I do not just because someone like you thinks I should. Your whole approach is both ignorant and childish because in order to promote your view you felt the need to attack mine even though I did not attack yours. You cannot accept that other people whom you know nothing about can think independently of your ideals and still be good people.
You have repeatedly disparaged Christians for their beliefs here in this forum while claiming that you want tolerance for all. You sir, are a true hypocrite with nothing intelligent to offer to any discussion.

To not extend same-sex marriage rights immediately is still denying one's rights to marriage, but we're just getting into semantics here.

I agree with you about forcing churches to marry, that's something you and I haven't really discussed, though you've mentioned it a few times. While I don't agree with the church's decision to not honor same-sex unions, I think if a church wants to disagree and reject same-sex MATRIMONY ceremonies behind their own closed doors, then so be it. However, church policies should remain in church and have no right spilling into the lawbooks that everyone else must abide by, and those beliefs definitely should have ZERO influence on the Government's recognition of MARRIAGE.

I'm not attacking you because you think chocolate milk is better than strawberry milk, I'm arguing against your beliefs because they're beliefs of intolerance and ignorance towards a group of people. Unless someone is forcing you to marry the same sex, nobody is forcing their beliefs onto you like you've previously mentioned. If you truly believe that, then take your tears to the corner and cry victim all you want to, but you're not the victim here.

I understand that people think differently from me. I'm a gun-toting atheist libertarian for crying out loud. My conservative gun-toting friends think I'm dangerous because I'm an atheist while my atheist liberal friends think I'm dangerous because I pack heat. My political views don't support enough Jesus for the conservatives and they don't support enough Big Gov for the liberals. I'm totally used to having unique thoughts and philosophies. So, if you want to personally think that homosexuality is a choice, then go nuts, dude (again, no pun intended), but when you start planting that ignorant lie into the minds of children and use those beliefs to justify the legal oppression others, then that deserves criticism.

While I'm not ashamed to be anti-religious, which isn't really the subject here, I only criticize religious teachings that are dangerous and harmful to the progression of society. If you want to personally believe in God, then so be it, you can look through my history on OSA and see that I've never once disparaged any member here for believing so. You'll see my only criticism comes from when people use biblical teachings, especially while ironically disregarding others, to promote hate and intolerance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom