Students suspended for wearing Confederate flags to protest gay rainbow flag

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In your example the 18 year old is an adult the 14-16 year old is not.

Interesting thing to consider here. If a person is one day shy of 18, and their sexual partner goes one day over, is that rape?

For the record, it is and has happened. A good friends son spent 5 years in prison for this exact "infraction".

The parents of the young lady didn't like him, and hired a lawyer to check out the legal path that they would follow.

The day he hit 18 they had him arrested and charged. Tx prisons are not fun.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
danT and twofer answer this : two consenting 16 year old same sex partners who is charged with the rape? and why ? what about hetero couple who is charged with the rape and why ? explain your equality diversified to these two scenarios.

elance

Actually my statement should have been anyone under 16 as per the law. I made no distinctions about gender, and everyone has missed my point anyway.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting thing to consider here. If a person is one day shy of 18, and their sexual partner goes one day over, is that rape?

For the record, it is and has happened. A good friends son spent 5 years in prison for this exact "infraction".

The parents of the young lady didn't like him, and hired a lawyer to check out the legal path that they would follow.

The day he hit 18 they had him arrested and charged. Tx prisons are not fun.

This is where the Romeo and Juliet laws are coming in, and apparently some legal opinions are changing regardless of the law...

Judge dismisses statutory rape case involving consensual sex between then-Antioch teens

PITTSBURG -- Just before jury selection was set to begin, a Contra Costa County trial judge on Wednesday dismissed a criminal case against a 20-year-old Antioch man for having consensual sex with his 16-year-old girlfriend when he was 18.

"I have never made this ruling before," Judge Nancy Stark said. "It's not in the best interests of society to pursue this case."...

http://www.contracostatimes.com/ci_...-statutory-rape-case-involving-consensual-sex

elance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BillyBob , sorry not meaning to dismiss your statement or even hijack it. Just trying to wind the spool.

I get aggravated by blanket statements made on my behalf by those, who can't possibly know my opinion. Such as "gun owners are for gun control laws" this coming from the anti crowd.

And though I'm just as guilty, I don't like it.

So I was just asking for their view.
Elance

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is where the Romeo and Juliet laws are coming in, and apparently some legal opinions are changing regardless of the law...

Judge dismisses statutory rape case involving consensual sex between then-Antioch teens

PITTSBURG -- Just before jury selection was set to begin, a Contra Costa County trial judge on Wednesday dismissed a criminal case against a 20-year-old Antioch man for having consensual sex with his 16-year-old girlfriend when he was 18.

"I have never made this ruling before," Judge Nancy Stark said. "It's not in the best interests of society to pursue this case."...

http://www.contracostatimes.com/ci_...-statutory-rape-case-involving-consensual-sex

Here is the big issue. The female DA was up for election and made big deal of it, and it made headline news in Houston. My friends lawyer said the law applied, and wished the guy good luck in prison.

He is out now, and is the model of society. Yet he can't participate in the government that screwed him with technicality's. The system sucks.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BillyBob , sorry not meaning to dismiss your statement or even hijack it. Just trying to wind the spool.

I get aggravated by blanket statements made on my behalf by those, who can't possibly know my opinion. Such as "gun owners are for gun control laws" this coming from the anti crowd.

And though I'm just as guilty, I don't like it.

So I was just asking for their view.
Elance

No problem what-so-ever, I just wanted to correct my mistake before someone used it to sidetrack your point.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Josh, hate is not illegal. You have every right to hate all you want. Until such point that you step on some body elses rights, have at it.

You missed the point. All that crap is hate, but it's also legal. The only way we can know that the 1st Amendment matters is if we protect the speech that we disagree with the most. Protecting the speech we agree with is easy.

I didn't say anything even remotely close to "hate is illegal" Idk where you got that.
And it isn't a 1st Amendment issue either, it's a school issue. We aren't talking about people in public, we are talking about children in a school. They have to follow rules that we don't.
And you say I missed the point..... APSSSSHHH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom