taurus millenium pro???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stoopstroop

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thinking about a .40 or a .45. Anyone shot one? Seems to get good reviews and it felt good in my hand. Academy has them for $349. Seems like a decent deal. Opinions on them??

Sam Shoun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one in a .40 a while back, it stovepiped or ftf about every 10th round. After 3 different kinds of ammo and about 200 rds I traded it in. I'm sure they're not all like that, but that was my experience.

Probably could have fixed it or maybe it would have broken in, but it was my only gun at the time and I didn't want to question it.

chhcope

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had one for about 2 years now. I have it in .45 and it's a great gun. I always like to promote the Taurus semi-autos because of the good experience I have had with them. I have never had any problems with mine. Shoots great, very manageable, especially for such a compact pistol. With 10 + 1 in a .45 it's hard to beat. I believe you can get a double stack grip or a single stack. Mine's a double as it felt better in my hand. I'm very glad I own it and will never part with it. Good luck with your decision. If you end up getting it I hope you are as pleased with it as I am with mine.

ARG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one also in .45 and love it. Also had a glock 36. Sold it after shooting both together. The Taurus also has double strike capability which many don't. The Taurus shot to the same point of aim with 230 grain, 200 grain and 185 grain. The glock did not, had to adjust accordingly. Nothing wrong at all with glocks, great gun but I liked the Taurus better.

ARG

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had the 140, nice shooter. Mags are expensive ,if you can find them.
Nite Sites are hard to find , no extended mags, Glock 27 will shoot all 40 cal mags, All in all for the price ,if you dont want the add ons...+1
I didnt use customer service so I dont know what that is like.

No.343

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the .45. It shoots fine.

twoguns? - My P14-45 magazines fit and work in my .45. I have the Dawson pads in them, so I could carry 18+1 with them. I don't know if the Para mags in .40 forty would work or not.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had some experience with Taurus's customer service. My friend bought a millenium pro and it had fte and stovepipe issues every couple of rds. It was impossible to enjoy shooting it. I sent it in to Taurus for my friend and handled the repair through them. It was a waranty repair and they quoted me 6 weeks. It came back exactly 6 weeks later. And it did work. However they said there were missing parts in the gun. I can't see a new gun leaves the factory with out all of it's parts. I don't know what was missing and didn't try to investigate to hard because it wasn't my pistol. I know I will never buy a Taurus. There are to many better options with a better track record for just a little more money.

My 2 cents.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the .45. It shoots fine.

twoguns? - My P14-45 magazines fit and work in my .45. I have the Dawson pads in them, so I could carry 18+1 with them. I don't know if the Para mags in .40 forty would work or not.

That would be cool. I was looking at some options on the PT 140, traded it for a shotgun before I found any reliable resources.

Latest posts

Top Bottom