taurus millenium pro???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We look guns over before someone buys it. Like right now we have a 809 that the trigger doesn't let the hammer down... the disconnect slot on the slide needs to be machined out more. And a 24/7 pro compact titanium that the front sight moves back and forth about a quarter of an inch in the dovetail.

Ok, I've seen a few guns bought from Academy and bought a few myself and I'm going to say that while YOU might inspect them, I've never seen anyone do so. I have a really tough time believing you inspect all the guns that come through there.

Crowmosly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have the customer check it over every time and I usually do a function check on most guns. Most of the guys at our store know how to check a gun over. I can't speak for the other stores though... lol. Lol, no way I inspect all of them... they come and go too fast. But when we get a new model in I'll take it apart and check it out. Remington's new 1911 is pretty nice fyi...except for the copious amounts of bluing salts left in the magazine catch assembly...lololol

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have the customer check it over every time and I usually do a function check on most guns. Most of the guys at our store know how to check a gun over. I can't speak for the other stores though... lol. Lol, no way I inspect all of them... they come and go too fast. But when we get a new model in I'll take it apart and check it out. Remington's new 1911 is pretty nice fyi...except for the copious amounts of bluing salts left in the magazine catch assembly...lololol

I have never seen that happen. Most of the time the counter guy knows less about firearms than my wife. I'm talking about the 81st & 169 store.

Crowmosly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol, was it an old guy with glasses? He likes to make up cartridges and stuff like that... hahahaha lol "long boy colts"... lol "22 long range" good times...good times...

chhcope

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I bought my TCP from Academy, the guy behind the counter did a function check. I remember because I had never had it happen before.

BTW: I love both of my Taurus Firearms. Haven't had the TCP as long as the Millenium Pro but so far it has proven very reliable. Greatly Underrated IMO.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a PT101 in 40 cal that I have had for about 7 or 8 years. I have never had a problem with it. I had a PT111 9mm that never had a problem. I have a PT709 slim in 9mm that shoots fine. It has not had mant down it yet. My PT101 has had about 1,000 down it. Maybe I have just had good luck with them. I know alot of people that like Sig. I bought a Sig Mosquito and it was the biggest pos I have ever seen.

Crowmosly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah it's hard to make a good 22, just not enough energy there. They either have to scale it down or cut the slide. The mosquito pretty much only functions with minimags I've heard, at least for the first few hundred or so.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Taurus? Remember; with guns, as most things, you get what you pay for...No Tauri reside in my safe; nor will they.

Latest posts

Top Bottom