TCSO: Deputy shouldn't be charged because he confused his weapons (video)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I stand by my statement that this man was too old to still be doing police work. The more I read about what happened the more that belief is solidified. Even OHP has a mandatory retirement age. Believe it or not we all start to lose our mental sharpness as we get older. Some slower then or faster then others. If the Tulsa County SO wants to keep these old coots on for dubious reasons then they need to move them to less dynamic positions.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sadly this "fukc your breathing" officer had no empathy for a person that was shot by mistake. Hopefully better mental screening and retraining is on the way for our police.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That one guy had a sweet tribal tattoo, brah.

The old timer being a wealthy donor to the TCSO is being blown up today. Leland Ashley of TPD is all like "yeah, the only time we use old balls reserves for any special task force stuff was like, to have them sit in marked cars when the midtown rapist was rapin." They're stumbling all over themselves to make it clear to the nation they have nothing to do with TCSO.

I tell you what, f*ck your breath and tribal tattoos aside, I'd rather have some foul-mouthed young brahs sponsored by Monster Energy doing stings like this than some old millionaire with Barney Fife's snub nose trying to find the masculinity he lost when he couldn't get it up anymore.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMO, this starts and ends with an officer aiming, shooting and killing a suspect that was already down and being controlled by a number of other officers.
Mistake, poor judgment, the dead guy's past history or recent illegal actions, etc., is only of concern to the jury. The Tulsa Co. Sheriff can close their internal investigation any time they want to and cite any BS excuse they choose, but it's up to the DA to decide if and what criminal charges will be filed.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Another innocent citizen killed by Leo's that'll get swept under the rug. Most of the threads in this post sicken me. A few of Yall ain't worthy of being called a citizen.

Innocent until proven guilty is THE law. Many of you need to learn what this means.

I say each and every Leo involved should be charged and tried.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The old man has money. Let him foot the bill for his fawkup instead of the taxpayers. He wanted to play cops and robbers. Any settlement money should come from him.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another innocent citizen killed by Leo's that'll get swept under the rug. Most of the threads in this post sicken me. A few of Yall ain't worthy of being called a citizen.

Innocent until proven guilty is THE law. Many of you need to learn what this means.

I say each and every Leo involved should be charged and tried.

Are you saying we should try the dead subject of the drug/gun investigation in court? That's pretty messed up. :(

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Are you saying we should try the dead subject of the drug/gun investigation in court? That's pretty messed up. :(

You know what I'm saying. In this instance enforcement screwed up. Yall ain't above the law.

Making excuses for Leo's is getting old on this forum. Leo's need to do a job and citizens need to start holding them accountable in court everytime.

Start prosecuting Officers in court with a jury and alot of these "oops my bad", "feared for my life" bullsh!t reasons for shooting untried innocent citizens would stop.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know what I'm saying. In this instance enforcement screwed up. Yall ain't above the law.

Making excuses for Leo's is getting old on this forum. Leo's need to do a job and citizens need to start holding them accountable in court everytime.

Start prosecuting Officers in court with a jury and alot of these "oops my bad", "feared for my life" bullsh!t reasons for shooting untried innocent citizens would stop.

I haven't defended what he did once. He messed up. I don't condone what happened at all.

But, you said the subject was "innocent", and we need to learn what that means. By extrapolation, it could be easily inferred that LEO's should never use force to effect an arrest unless the subject has already been tried and found guilty? Any form of battery is illegal, so I can only assume you mean to remove any type of physical force from the LE tool bag? After all, how can you say a little is OK, if you're relying on the fact that eveyone is "innocent until proven guilty" as the reason deadly force shouldn't be used? It's not a Reductum ad Absurdum argument I'm making here, I'm calling attention to the fact that you're applying the law incorrectly.

Or do we put dead subjects on trial so we can stop calling them "innocent", just because they're dead? How about the ones who survive their arrest? If they're proven innocent in court for what they were arrested for, should we automatically press charges on the arresting officer for battery?

Further, if results are all that really matters to you, are you going to demand doctors who make medical mistakes ending in death be put on trial in criminal court in each and every case? If not, please explain why they're different?

You're sitting on your high perch lecturing us about the law, so please Professor Righteous, explain motive and intent as they apply to criminal law? I'm all ears...

Latest posts

Top Bottom