The "they can, but you can't option?"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am so proud of this law... I will make a poster to carry at "Second Amendment Day" dedicated to it.

Do those yokels on 23rd realise what they do is "public record"? I can see why they hate teachers and schools... a reading population is a risk to their existence.

Dont those jackwagons know about YOUTUBE?

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your point is well taken. However I'm prejudiced when it comes to mine. Since yours and mine deals with the worst of the worst, I want both to have every means available to remain safe.

I think you misunderstood. While I am NOT a proponent of open carry (don't wish to deny others the right, just something I would not do myself) I do not believe for one second that those whose professions put them in harm's way are any better than the rest of us. That was the point of my post. If legislators, judges and DA's can carry then the rest of the law-abiding populace should have that option also.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would hope that any law extending the ability to protect your person would extend to the entire law-abiding populace and not just a few whose chosen profession put them in harm's way.

Great way to put it. CHOSEN PROFESSION. It's not like anyone forced them to take a job where people would disagree with them. Not any more than the pizza delivery guy was forced to work where he'd have to go to shady areas of town in the dark and carry cash. But I guess the pizza delivery guy's life doesn't carry as much value as a state attorney. Also, if state attorneys, why not all attorneys? If all attorneys, why not attorneys and doctors who sometimes have to deliver bad news? If doctors, why not the insurance guy? I just don't get choosing one small sector of people and saying, "oh, you deserve to be safe so you get to protect yourself."

Not getting open carry is frustrating (even though I would rarely use it). What makes it insane is that it's past for elitists who feel they're more valuable than others. If they had a better attitude, respect and value for others, they may not have such a fear that others are out to get them.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not getting open carry is frustrating (even though I would rarely use it). What makes it insane is that it's past for elitists who feel they're more valuable than others. If they had a better attitude, respect and value for others, they may not have such a fear that others are out to get them. ~jcizzle

Good way to put this. Maybe the light will come on for our brethren who want to argue "tactics" (I would never OC... OC'ers are the first guys shot..." )
This is a issue of fundemental rights..... once we regain them we can choose how to use those rights.

IreneKennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great way to put it. CHOSEN PROFESSION. It's not like anyone forced them to take a job where people would disagree with them. Not any more than the pizza delivery guy was forced to work where he'd have to go to shady areas of town in the dark and carry cash. But I guess the pizza delivery guy's life doesn't carry as much value as a state attorney. Also, if state attorneys, why not all attorneys? If all attorneys, why not attorneys and doctors who sometimes have to deliver bad news? If doctors, why not the insurance guy? I just don't get choosing one small sector of people and saying, "oh, you deserve to be safe so you get to protect yourself."

Not getting open carry is frustrating (even though I would rarely use it). What makes it insane is that it's past for elitists who feel they're more valuable than others. If they had a better attitude, respect and value for others, they may not have such a fear that others are out to get them.

1st Session of the 53rd Legislature (2011)
HOUSE BILL 1255 By Rousselot
AS INTRODUCED
An Act relating to crimes and punishments; authorizing United States Attorneys and Assistant United States Attorneys to carry firearm under certain circumstances; providing for codification; and providing an effective date.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF OKLAHOMA:
SECTION 1. NEW LAW A new section of law to be codified in the Oklahoma Statutes as Section 1289.28 of Title 21, unless there is created a duplication in numbering, reads as follows:
Any United States Attorney or Assistant United States Attorney may carry a firearm on his or her person anywhere in the State of Oklahoma to use only for personal protection if the person has successfully completed an approved course of firearm training conducted by a state-certified firearms instructor which meets the minimum requirements for firearms training as set forth by the Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training.
SECTION 2. This act shall become effective November 1, 2011

This is the Bill that is on the Governor's desk

IreneKennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Too late. Brad Henry signed this bill last year:

**On April 14, 2010, Governor Brad Henry signed into law House Bill 2552, which extends the right to carry a concealed firearm to Assistant District Attorneys. The law will become effective November 1, 2010 and Assistant District Attorneys will be required to successfully complete the following training. **

Title 19 O.S. § 215.29 allows District Attorneys to carry a concealed firearm for the purpose of personal protection provided the individual successfully completes a CLEET approved firearms training course conducted by a CLEET certified firearms instructor. The following training course has been approved for this purpose.

DestructoJr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I am not really seeing how this is a "they can, but you can't option" If whoever opts to carry a weapon has to attend a CLEET approved course and get certified whats the difference in getting the concealed carry permit??? Take the class fill out the forms pay the money...all the same

DestructoJr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Too late. Brad Henry signed this bill last year:

**On April 14, 2010, Governor Brad Henry signed into law House Bill 2552, which extends the right to carry a concealed firearm to Assistant District Attorneys. The law will become effective November 1, 2010 and Assistant District Attorneys will be required to successfully complete the following training. **

Title 19 O.S. § 215.29 allows District Attorneys to carry a concealed firearm for the purpose of personal protection provided the individual successfully completes a CLEET approved firearms training course conducted by a CLEET certified firearms instructor. The following training course has been approved for this purpose.

DA's and ADA's that that law covers are state employees where as the US attorneys are federal, basically the law is just extending what was afforded to state prosecuting attorneys to the federal prosecuting attorneys working within the state

Latest posts

Top Bottom