Help!!! 50 state legal options!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClintC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pc carbine would be a problem for the same reason. NY requires a permit for all semi auto long guns. I’ve been looking picking up a 1892 takedown in 357. From the people I’ve talked to, New York will often confiscate whatever isn’t legal to possess if you’re passing through, which is illegal federally. I’ve heard if you have something that looks like a hunting rifle they will let you go. One guy I talked to said your best bet is to store your rifle with a hunters license or a hunter safety course permit.
What kind of work has got you traveling? I know in my industry. I go to small town USA and stay in their hotels and RV parks. Ya **** can happen but for the most part I have had a great experience and have met some great people.

OkieDoke88

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What kind of work has got you traveling? I know in my industry. I go to small town USA and stay in their hotels and RV parks. Ya **** can happen but for the most part I have had a great experience and have met some great people.
Mainly superintendent work for corporate job sites. That’s about as specific as I can be. I couldn’t agree more. I mainly want to have something “just in case”. I’m not particularly paranoid or anything. At home I carry a 5 shot revolver and try to be kind to everyone I meet. I would just hate to be completely unarmed if the worst were to happen. I think that’s why the takedown rifle or shotgun is appealing.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Mainly superintendent work for corporate job sites. That’s about as specific as I can be. I couldn’t agree more. I mainly want to have something “just in case”. I’m not particularly paranoid or anything. At home I carry a 5 shot revolver and try to be kind to everyone I meet. I would just hate to be completely unarmed if the worst were to happen. I think that’s why the takedown rifle or shotgun is appealing.
Congratulations on the new job!

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That would apply to residents, not someone traveling through or visiting from out of state.
People traveling have been jailed for that law in NY
The side by side shotgun with duck loads or turkey #4 just a hunter traveling if harassed there is video of Joe saying you should get a shotgun.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom