The Wine-Sipping Butchers of Planned Parenthood

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

TenBears

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From the founder of planned parenthood, Margaret Sanger.

We should hire three or four colored ministers, preferably with social-service backgrounds, and with engaging personalities. The most successful educational approach to the Negro is through a religious appeal.

We don’t want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From the founder of planned parenthood, Margaret Sanger.

We should hire three or four colored ministers, preferably with social-service backgrounds, and with engaging personalities. The most successful educational approach to the Negro is through a religious appeal.

We don’t want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members.

Do you happen to know when did she say that?

TenBears

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you happen to know when did she say that?

In a letter to Dr. Clarence Gamble in December, 19, 1939, Sanger exposited her vision for the “Negro Project,” a freshly launched collaboration between the American Birth Control League and Sanger’s Birth Control Clinical Research Bureau. The letter echoes the eugenic ideologies still visible within the corporate vein of Planned Parenthood today.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In a letter to Dr. Clarence Gamble in December, 19, 1939, Sanger exposited her vision for the “Negro Project,” a freshly launched collaboration between the American Birth Control League and Sanger’s Birth Control Clinical Research Bureau. The letter echoes the eugenic ideologies still visible within the corporate vein of Planned Parenthood today.

which ideologies are those? Are there some specifics that you could point me to that would support this? While i am not disagreeing with your premise, i think it's difficult to say that the program started in 1939 is the same one in place today in terms of the 'negro project' without specific references

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This has been debunked again and again. Yes, she said those words, but not in the context you are putting forth...she actually had the complete opposite intention that you are putting forth. Here's a little bit about it: http://www.factcheck.org/2011/11/cains-false-attack-on-planned-parenthood/

TenBears

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
She was a firm believer in eugenics, I'm sure fact check will disagree with these quotes also.

On blacks, immigrants and indigents:
"...human weeds,' 'reckless breeders,' 'spawning... human beings who never should have been born." Margaret Sanger, Pivot of Civilization, referring to immigrants and poor people
On sterilization & racial purification:
Sanger believed that, for the purpose of racial "purification," couples should be rewarded who chose sterilization. Birth Control in America, The Career of Margaret Sanger, by David Kennedy, p. 117, quoting a 1923 Sanger speech.

On the right of married couples to bear children:
Couples should be required to submit applications to have a child, she wrote in her "Plan for Peace." Birth Control Review, April 1932

On the purpose of birth control:

The purpose in promoting birth control was "to create a race of thoroughbreds," she wrote in the Birth Control Review, Nov. 1921 (p. 2)

On the rights of the handicapped and mentally ill, and racial minorities:
"More children from the fit, less from the unfit -- that is the chief aim of birth control." Birth Control Review, May 1919, p. 12

TenBears

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
which ideologies are those? Are there some specifics that you could point me to that would support this? While i am not disagreeing with your premise, i think it's difficult to say that the program started in 1939 is the same one in place today in terms of the 'negro project' without specific references

Sorry for not answering your question, Malthusian and eugenics would probably be a good place to start as far as ideology goes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom