This could get interesting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WFT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a bad habit of mine.

I have a few myself, just not sure what you meant by I have "misconstrued quotes from historical figures"

No one can deny that many of the founding fathers of the United States of America were men of deep religious convictions based in the Bible and their Christian faith in Jesus Christ. Of the 56 men who signed the Declaration of Independence, nearly half (24) held seminary or Bible school degrees.

WFT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haven't many of these religious based hospitals invited the Government in by accepting tax money from them? If they accept government money shouldn't the government be able to set rules for its use?

Michael

If they took the money with strings attached, I absolutely agree.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a few myself, just not sure what you meant by I have "misconstrued quotes from historical figures"

No one can deny that many of the founding fathers of the United States of America were men of deep religious convictions based in the Bible and their Christian faith in Jesus Christ. Of the 56 men who signed the Declaration of Independence, nearly half (24) held seminary or Bible school degrees.

I don't think anyone is denying that. I think what people tend to take issue with is the extent current politicians want to use their personal religion as a basis for the lives of those they represent. Quaker Christianity is very different than Baptist, Catholic or other forms of Christianity. I have no problem with politicians having religious beliefs, but i do take issue when i feel judged by them for having a different set of beliefs in a creator.

bmwguy25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think if your adult enough to have sex you should be adult enough to pay for birth control. If you cant afford it you can't afford children so you shouldn't be getting down!

WFT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is denying that. I think what people tend to take issue with is the extent current politicians want to use their personal religion as a basis for the lives of those they represent. Quaker Christianity is very different than Baptist, Catholic or other forms of Christianity. I have no problem with politicians having religious beliefs, but i do take issue when i feel judged by them for having a different set of beliefs in a creator.

"people tend to take issue with is the extent current politicians want to use their personal religion as a basis for the lives of those they represent"
That's why it's so important to vet all candidates for public office, and know what their faith is and vote accordingly. You cannot separate a person from his faith, it is part of him.

WFT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think if your adult enough to have sex you should be adult enough to pay for birth control. If you cant afford it you can't afford children so you shouldn't be getting down!

I agree, I know I do not want to pay for someone to have sex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom