Through and through

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The deer I shot last season (largest one I've taken with a bow) ran straight up hill after he had been shot as well. We couldn't find him that evening but found him the next morning. The coyotes had found him first however.... Missed out on the meat...but at least got the head. Sad deal...

I've seen lots of them run up hill though. I think it depends on where they perceive the danger to be coming from.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have heard this my whole life and yet I have had at least 6 deer run straight up a flipping hill. It makes tracking very hard, it seems to cause less blood trail ( probably due to body cavity filling). Couple of days ago I happend to be watching one of the shows on VS and the hunter on there made the comment that he had always heard it but had seen several head up hill. Anyone else experience this? Not trying to call you out angsniper just something that has bugged me for awhile.

I hate to say this, but in the military, a soldier shot in the stomach craves water so much that they would give anything for a drink.... don't know why, but....thats the way it goes.
As far as the theory of a lung shot deer going uphill...I don't know.

Latest posts

Top Bottom