Tinker AFB Air Show 2023 Blue Angels, F-35 Demo Team and much more! FREE ADMISSION!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
1681262123755.png

Speaking of F-14...

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many don't grasp just how large this plane is. Sure miss it.
There was a plan to revise it but it just wasn't feasible. When the FA-18's maintenance was found to be 5 times less than the F-14, its' days were numbered. They were an old airframe and they took a lot of abuse and were just worn smooth out. I still love the plane and it's fighter record.
It wasn't bad against Zeros either.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably 15 years ago, or so, there was an air show at Davis Field outside Muskogee. There was a group of WWII aircraft and a mock Japanese attack on the USS Batfish submarine on the NW area of Muskogee. The Batfish is "docked" pretty close to the turnpike and there were so many cars pulled over to watch that OHP had to come out to get them all moving again. That was the last time they planned an event like that.....
DANG, I would have liked to seen that! We were driving through Kalispell, Montana on our way to Glaser National Park, years ago, and just happened onto an air show, the Bliue Angles, and other units, including stelth fighters! The airport runs along beside the highway to the Park. We juist pulled over and watched, along with a hundred other cars, After we got to the park, a van pulled into a senic pull out we were at, and it was several of these young pilots, that wanted to see the park from the ground, friendly young men! That is what I like about traveling, you never know what you will stumple upon!!!!!

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
The B-1 is the loudest of them all. It has four jet engines.
I'll see your Bone and raise you one SR-71 taking off. March AFB, Operation Gallant Eagle 1982.
What a Charlie Foxtrot that operation was!

The Gallant Eagle 82 Airborne Operation resulted in a mass casualty situation that was successfully managed by the military medical system. Of 1780 paratroopers, 158 were injured, for an injury rate of 8.9%. This included 6 deaths. This paper describes the medical preparations before the airborne operation, medical operations responding to the mass casualty, and evacuation of patients to a variety of referral hospitals. Also, this paper provides a summary of the distribution of injuries caused by hard landings and paratroopers being dragged that occurred due to parachute operations in high winds on portions of the drop zones.

I was at Drop Zone Silver with the 469th Medical Ambulance at Fort Irwin. We had 3 streamers at our drop zone and the company as a whole ran out of toe tags on triage. Stupid effers made them jump in 40 knot winds. Charlie Foxtrot!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom