Tire Sealer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, my Badboy mower is about two years old. The machine and tires are in really good shape. Problem is both rear tires will lose air after about two weeks. No idea where from: the bead, valve stem, don't know. I'd think its too much of a coincidence that both got thorns or something else.

What do you use in your tires on your mowers or tractors or whatever? Seems like the green Slime stuff is the most widely used or marketed. Will using the tire sealer product make a tire repair shop not want to patch them in the future dou to the slime crap on the inside? Need to do something as it's about mowing season. Thanks

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, my Badboy mower is about two years old. The machine and tires are in really good shape. Problem is both rear tires will lose air after about two weeks. No idea where from: the bead, valve stem, don't know. I'd think its too much of a coincidence that both got thorns or something else.

What do you use in your tires on your mowers or tractors or whatever? Seems like the green Slime stuff is the most widely used or marketed. Will using the tire sealer product make a tire repair shop not want to patch them in the future dou to the slime crap on the inside? Need to do something as it's about mowing season. Thanks

Yep. Most tire shops that I've ever used will not touch one that has been slimed. Did my ATV tires myself because of that and I understand why now. Mower tires are a lot easier to do yourself than ATV

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have used Ultraseal Extreme grade from Gemplers for years and don’t have tire problems with tractors, mowers, or 4 wheeler/UTV’s.

Over the last couple weeks, I’ve mowed around 50 acres with my Kubota M7040 that’s full of young locust trees, and I haven’t had a flat yet.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I spray my bad boy rear tires with soapy water to find the leak and plug it.
The front tires on mine anyway are not serviceable at tire shops they will only plug them so I use slime in them as we have stickers in our yard like crazy.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My tractors all have tubes in their tires because tubeless tires almost universally leaked at some point in their lives (maybe the Massey's fronts don't; I've never had trouble with them, so I've never needed to check). If they leak, the tubes get old-fashioned patches, or they get replaced.

I had (actually, I still have) a tubeless front tire on my 4000 that would be fine all day if you put 40psi in it when you started, but the little bastard would roll off the rim if you only put 39psi in it. Let me tell you what, carry a farm jack, pancake air compressor, air hose, and a rubber mallet to the far end of a hay field (and back) in July just once and that will teach you to make sure you got the full 40psi in that bloody tire the next time.

My dad tried Slime in some of his mower tires, but I don't recall him ever having good luck with that. I think some of those buggers just had an aversion to air on the inside--some of them would leak with brand new tires. Putting tubes in them was the only way to stop some of the leaks.

As noted above, tire shops do not like sealants like fix-a-flat or Slime, so it's best not to use them on tires that you can't fix yourself.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bought a new zero turn 5 years ago. Air the tires up, Mow the yard, next week front tires flat rear low. Did that all the first summer. Finally slimed them suckers right before first mowing the second year. Now only add air at beginning of mowing season, maybe 1 to 3 lbs per tire and forget them. First time I ever had good luck with slime so I did a couple little yard trailers, worked like the mower. I usually change all my own tires so I will deal with it when the need arises or just replace tire and rim.

Latest posts

Top Bottom