Trashy neighbors... what to do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davebloomer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live in town McAlester and my neighbors have began using their front yard as a junk yard. Literally.. for a couple months they have had scrap wood, old ice chests a mattress and general trash (papers, cups etc). So today a truck backs into their yard and I think "great they're gonna haul some junk off" but no, they drop the tailgate and unload another load of trash into their yard. I've got a call in to the "codes" dept of the city but they haven't called me back yet. Is there anything they can do?

JonnyRocco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of course the city can do something if they want to. The city code book should be at your public library or at city hall for you to look at. Just keep calling the code enforcement officer. You have to be more of a pest to the city than your trashy neighbors.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm gonna say stay on code enforcement too.

But, do it nicely and always ask for the name of the person you are talking to. Each time you call, say "You know I called and spoke to so-and-so on such-and-such, but I guess I must have gotten lost in the shuffle. Can you help me??"

Get a lot more flies with honey than you do with salt.

Good luck ...

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm gonna say stay on code enforcement too.

But, do it nicely and always ask for the name of the person you are talking to. Each time you call, say "You know I called and spoke to so-and-so on such-and-such, but I guess I must have gotten lost in the shuffle. Can you help me??"

Get a lot more flies with honey than you do with salt.

Good luck ...

I heard poo works well too...it draws em like wildfire in my experience. :laugh6:

Latest posts

Top Bottom