Trashy neighbors... what to do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to deliver in a neighborhood in Yukon where someone used sidewalk chalk on the front porch to get the message across... wish I had my camera phone back then...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm gonna say stay on code enforcement too.

But, do it nicely and always ask for the name of the person you are talking to. Each time you call, say "You know I called and spoke to so-and-so on such-and-such, but I guess I must have gotten lost in the shuffle. Can you help me??"

Get a lot more flies with honey than you do with salt.

Good luck ...

this!
When the code enforcment doesn't come out work your way up the food chain with names, dates, etc.

I can't get her to move, but my mom lives in the house I was born in that has became a getto.
She pays to have her lawn mowed, fertilized, etc. It looks really nice.
The neighbors in the rent houses on both sides do not mow or take care of their properties.

Mom constantly calls code enforcment on them, and they finally clean up their yards.
God, I wish she would move....money is not an issue...she is just stubborn.
:yelclap:

Baron Driver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live in town McAlester and my neighbors have began using their front yard as a junk yard. Literally.. for a couple months they have had scrap wood, old ice chests a mattress and general trash (papers, cups etc). So today a truck backs into their yard and I think "great they're gonna haul some junk off" but no, they drop the tailgate and unload another load of trash into their yard. I've got a call in to the "codes" dept of the city but they haven't called me back yet. Is there anything they can do?

You should post some pictures of it on this thread; I'm sure it would amuse many. Or, start a blog, like this guy.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was driving through Colcord Oklahoma a while back and snapped this pic. It's right in the middle of town (or was) on a building and lot that had been trashed out. I went through there the other day and apparently the message worked, it's all cleaned up. I edited the message just a bit to make it more forum "appropriate", lol.

Attachments

• cleanup.jpg
    cleanup.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 273

Bruno2

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Those people are in every neighborhood. Code enforcement may have their hands full , but , have them on the list. They will eventually get there and tell them to move it or the city will do it for them. Then charge the homeowners a handsome price for doing it. If the part of town you live in is considered rural then they cant do anything abou it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom