Trucks.. Ford Chevy or RAM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Traded into a '16 F150 in June, very pleased with it.

Both Chevy and Dodge get low ratings.

It was between Tundra and F150 for me, the F150 won because I wanted all of the neat technology in it.

Steve.....

Nat said she thought she saw you drive past the house in a new truck.

Others who mentioned Toyota and the like.....

Not going to happen. Not even if they came with a million dollar check made out to CASH.

Everyone else....

No one has really mentioned a hard fact reason not to buy one in lieu of the other and I've always driven fords so that is probably what I'll get. Bought dad a 2016 a couple months ago and it is pretty slick. The one I buy doesn't have to be new. I'm so hard on them it might actually be best but the new ones are really tugging on me. Especially the F250 All that said Ford has really pissed me off with the wife's explorer and the exhaust leaking into the cabin under load. Its a known problem that they refuse to fix properly and even the new ones do it.

My Twin brother has a pretty new GMC and he says it is so great. but he "forgets" that it has had two transmissions

Right now I'm in a rental 2016 RAM with a 5.7L in it. All I can really say is that I don't hate it, It is slower then all that ford offers, they seem to put less attention into all the finer details and I cant see that they are really any cheaper then my other choices

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://kogodbusiness.com/reports/auto-index/

F150 is best for our domestic economy.
I like ford, but the conversion to the Aluminum body was a deal breaker. We rented a F150 platinum for a vacation in the Rocky's two years ago and loved all the bells and whistles. Did not use it for a farm truck like I do my Toyota's. Just a street truck with some minor rock crawling that any 4X4 could do easily.
The insurance drove me off. Limited body shops, and the systems are modular from what I was told. If you bust a tail light, you replace the rear quarter panel, and it ran into the thousands on some Youtube Video's. To be honest, that was prior to the aluminum body's coming out for the first time, so that intel is up for discussion since they are out now.
I've had such great luck with Toyota just selling a Taco with 351,000 miles on it that didn't use a drop of oil between changes, that I decided to go bigger with the Tundra.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Steve.....

Nat said she thought she saw you drive past the house in a new truck.

Others who mentioned Toyota and the like.....

Not going to happen. Not even if they came with a million dollar check made out to CASH.

Everyone else....

No one has really mentioned a hard fact reason not to buy one in lieu of the other and I've always driven fords so that is probably what I'll get. Bought dad a 2016 a couple months ago and it is pretty slick. The one I buy doesn't have to be new. I'm so hard on them it might actually be best but the new ones are really tugging on me. Especially the F250 All that said Ford has really pissed me off with the wife's explorer and the exhaust leaking into the cabin under load. Its a known problem that they refuse to fix properly and even the new ones do it.

My Twin brother has a pretty new GMC and he says it is so great. but he "forgets" that it has had two transmissions

Right now I'm in a rental 2016 RAM with a 5.7L in it. All I can really say is that I don't hate it, It is slower then all that ford offers, they seem to put less attention into all the finer details and I cant see that they are really any cheaper then my other choices

I guess it all depends what you use your truck for. Do you tow with it or is it for running around town with kids and groceries? Is it only a half ton or are you looking for 3/4 or 1 ton?

I have always liked Ford but bought a 2015 2500 Ram Mega Cab Laramie 6.4 Hemi 4x4 last year. I went with Ram because of the Mega Cab feature. I am glad I did. THe interior is very nice and love everything about it. IMO, the Ram gives you the most bang for your buck. My fully optioned Laramie was $49,800.00 OTD. FOr perspective, my brother just bought a 2016 F150 Platinum, which is very nice as well. He may have a few more accessories like the messaging front seats (which don't do chit and probably cost a fortune) and some other minor stuff. He was at more than $60K OTD. Yes, more than $10K more for a smaller size truck that has less capabilities than my Ram 2500. I know across the board you will be between 10%-20% more money for a ford than a ram of equivalent truck.

I would suggest driving each of the manufactures truck in the category you are looking so you know first had. If you are going diesel I'd go Ram hands down.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like ford, but the conversion to the Aluminum body was a deal breaker. We rented a F150 platinum for a vacation in the Rocky's two years ago and loved all the bells and whistles. Did not use it for a farm truck like I do my Toyota's. Just a street truck with some minor rock crawling that any 4X4 could do easily.
The insurance drove me off. Limited body shops, and the systems are modular from what I was told. If you bust a tail light, you replace the rear quarter panel, and it ran into the thousands on some Youtube Video's. To be honest, that was prior to the aluminum body's coming out for the first time, so that intel is up for discussion since they are out now.
I've had such great luck with Toyota just selling a Taco with 351,000 miles on it that didn't use a drop of oil between changes, that I decided to go bigger with the Tundra.
Yota's are good too!

Latest posts

Top Bottom