Tulsa man faces federal charge of pointing laser at police helicopter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The crew determined that the light was coming from West Archer Place and flew toward its source, the document says.

If its so dangerous why did they fly straight towards the source? Was it a kamikaze attempt?

I cannot speak for the TPD crew specifically, but many of the LE helicopter crews now have laser shields: http://lasershields.com/news/arrest.html

LE airborne units are pretty much the only way to catch these idiots. The first one to successfully be located, arrested and tried was caught because he did exactly what this idiot did. I'm not aware of any that have been caught painting a commercial airliner with a laser. You can get pretty close on a location, but by the time a ground unit arrives they're usually back in the house.

Interesting, there have been a handful of actual accidents. I stand corrected. It's obviously a very difficult series if steps.

So is it still not safe to play brick breaker on my phone?

You've come off as incredibly callous and ignorant in this thread. Are you sure you don't want to make more than this lame, halfhearted attempt at a mea culpa? :rolleyes2

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Sorry if you think my response was WERD. I was just stating that if you (Being He "cyojin") think it is no big deal, how about cyojyn trying it first hand? Or, if he thinks lasers in the eyes are just the same as all the flashing cell phone tower lights, flashing signs, etc. while you are picking out the runway lights to sit your wheels down on the dark area, try doing that your self. Be aware of other air traffic that will have flashing strobes also.

zz nickel, like for me to fly over to OKC some night to take a flight? Really awesome sights at night.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess it just has to happen to you to make you realize that it could be a serious issue. When I have 100 people sitting behind me trusting me with their lives, the last thing I need is someone shining a laser in my eyes when trying to land a 50 ton airplane at night into an unfamiliar airport.
The next time you and your family fly would you want someone shining a laser into your pilots eyes?
^^^This is the most informative post in the thread.^^^
Caojyn, I love your posts usually. I'm sure you're just being funny here. Hats off.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You've come off as incredibly callous and ignorant in this thread. Are you sure you don't want to make more than this lame, halfhearted attempt at a mea culpa? :rolleyes2

Nah, but thanks though. It was WAY less than "halfhearted."
Although I'm not completely sure on the "hearted" to "assed" conversion.
Whatever the equivalent of around "1/8 assed," is.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom