Tulsa man faces federal charge of pointing laser at police helicopter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pb2624

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

And from the pilots perspective.
[video]http://www.rightthisminute.com/video/egyptian-laser-protest-pov-helicopter[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The fact that it's even a crime is pretty shortbus

Yes it is stupid to try and prevent idiots like this from possibly killing people through stupid acts. Just because it can cause blindness to a fly crew is nothing to worry about, right?

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yes it is stupid to try and prevent idiots like this from possibly killing people through stupid acts. Just because it can cause blindness to a fly crew is nothing to worry about, right?

Ohh no!! I'm gonna go a head and guess that's happened exactly zero times. I'm also gonna guess that it's pretty damn statistically impossible for this guy to blind that pilot but go a head tell about the sob story about some guy you knew that was reckless and stupid enough to do this, that ended up causing a wreck. I'm sitting on the edge of my seat.

aa5b

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been lasered twice while flying at night. It can definitely get you attention and could be very hazardous during critical phases of flight. First time it lit up the entire cockpit with a green beam that was pretty blinding, the second was just more of a nuisance. I'm glad they got him.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've been lasered twice while flying at night. It can definitely get you attention and could be very hazardous during critical phases of flight. First time it lit up the entire cockpit with a green beam that was pretty blinding, the second was just more of a nuisance. I'm glad they got him.

It's lucky you didn't plummet right out of the air on to a puppy hospital / baby seal orphanage.

Latest posts

Top Bottom