Tulsa man faces federal charge of pointing laser at police helicopter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
First link the pilot says he was blinded causing the crash, they think it was a laser. Second both pilots claim they almost crashed because of a laser. Third is just for your education.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/07/11/asiana-laser-faa/2508109/

http://www.wptv.com/news/region-c-p...and-plane-at-palm-beach-international-airport

http://www.laserpointersafety.com/FAQ-doubters/FAQ-doubters.html

Interesting, there have been a handful of actual accidents. I stand corrected. It's obviously a very difficult series if steps.

So is it still not safe to play brick breaker on my phone?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for keeping me entertained this evening, it would have been dreadfully dull without y'all

And who do I complain to about not getting my peanuts?

Damm dude, quit being a dick. Let me shine a laser in your eye. I'd love to hear your comments afterward.

For the Record, the initial complaints came from pilots flying into the Cleveland Ohio airport in the early 2000's.

The investigation in Cleveland, turned out one guy with his daughter playing around in the back yard in the glide path of an airliner, and the second with multiple occurrences turned out to be the gay bar signal.

The gay bars used green lasers in that area to show where they were at, and some were in the glide path. As reported in the Cleveland times.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting, there have been a handful of actual accidents. I stand corrected. It's obviously a very difficult series if steps.

Yes only a handful of accidents so far but the first time a jumbo jet goes down they will totally ban lasers. Better just to go after the idiots who misuse them. No it is probably not safe for you to play brick breaker on your phone. Try a pad with the new government approved safety features. :D

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Play brick breaker all you want. Just don't talk on your phone they are continuing to ban that since some people feel that it would be too irritating in a crowded aircraft.

Now I can't laugh at my wife when I pull out an old fashioned paperback and she has to turn her kindle off.

nich018

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why not take YOUR family out for a little car ride some night on a deserted road at 60 MPH and let your son or daughter or wife shine a laser at your face and as you turn to see if it might be an approaching aircraft on a collision course, auto pulling from a side road, PD behind you, or what ever, make sure they hit your eyes just for a brief second.

Report back to us how it went, if you can.

I do not fly an airliner, but I do fly my family frequently in a small plane. There is enough to deal with to not have to put up with this kind of crap. This guy is no different than kids standing beside the road trying to throw a rock through your window as you drive by.

:werd:

Latest posts

Top Bottom