Tulsa - Sooner Gun Show this weekend - anyone going?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

blacklabelmongo

Come on guys, It is not the promoters fault that the fairgrounds imposed a surcharge on every person that walks thru the door at the show!!

True, and first let me say I understand you guys need to make a profit, but people are paying 15 bucks to get in and see stuff marked over 10% minimum higher than local sales and some refusing to cover the tax on it. $800 for a Glock? I thought these shows were to help people acquire things for a better price, not rape them on it..

I didn't find a thing there today for an AR that I couldn't acquire from Sports World and they don't charge a cover to look around.. What really disappoints is the largest selection of parts were for airsoft rifles...And if you want an entry level AR go to Sports World they have the m&p 15 without forward assist for $625 plus tax...

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was $15 and the lady working the window said that the Expo Center is who added the "surcharge" and didn't tell them until this morning (which is crap because Expo's website still said $12). Regardless, I'll never go to another Sooner (Grand American Arms) Gun Show.

If you're a vet (or I assume military), you get in for $7.50 (and your $1 coupon is still good), so I got in for $6.50. I don't know that it was worth $6.50 to be honest.

Very scraggly show - maybe half of the upper level if that (lot of empty tables . There were a few deals to be had, but most of the places that had good deals had already been picked over.

I did pick up a Sig 1911-22 from Action Firearms (great guys by the way). I was looking for a GSG, but was pretty happy to find the Sig for less than I'd seen several GSGs there (since the Sig is just a fancied up version of the GSG - made by the same company from everything I've read).

Decent amount of knife vendors for such a small show, but I didn't exactly have a pleasant experience with Sooner State Knives (and they were the main reason I was there).

Ammo prices were about what you can find at Wal-Mart. I spent a lot of time standing around tables with the owners/workers either on their cell phones or talking to each other without paying the customers much attention.

All in all, if I had paid full-price, I would have been pretty upset.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I went today and sold my enfield. Fifteen dollars admission to the show was too high. I know I said holy shite when I seen the sign. I got some .45igap ammo and that was it.

1fast8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
True, and first let me say I understand you guys need to make a profit, but people are paying 15 bucks to get in and see stuff marked over 10% minimum higher than local sales and some refusing to cover the tax on it. $800 for a Glock? I thought these shows were to help people acquire things for a better price, not rape them on it..

I didn't find a thing there today for an AR that I couldn't acquire from Sports World and they don't charge a cover to look around.. What really disappoints is the largest selection of parts were for airsoft rifles...And if you want an entry level AR go to Sports World they have the m&p 15 without forward assist for $625 plus tax...
2A had the m&p 15 for 599 but i guess thats why they sold out so quick

huskres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tulsa gun shops have some decent prices from what I have seen around the nation minus the occasion dong and tulsa firearms. And we also have great guys who do transfers for cheap!!!!

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I didn't find a thing there today for an AR that I couldn't acquire from Sports World and they don't charge a cover to look around.. What really disappoints is the largest selection of parts were for airsoft rifles...And if you want an entry level AR go to Sports World they have the m&p 15 without forward assist for $625 plus tax...[/QU

Sorry, I was trying to be sarcastic. I jumped Dennis Deiners a$$ about the door price and that is what he told me. I heard that the fairgrounds did add a 1.00 per person surcharge, But he went up $3.00 ? The guys in my island have decided not to renew our tables for the next sooner show.
In all fairness though, I have Glock 26's,21,22,17 from $480.00-$535.00 and a model 27 with 3 mags and Trijicon night sites NIB for $600.00.

Latest posts

Top Bottom