Unmarked police cars in Tulsa…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the point he was trying to make is people don't know if it's an actual Leo or some gang bangers who got a light bar off ebay and are carjacking people for example lol
Can always call 911 and ask if it is real officer or tell 911 you will stop at nearest law enforcement center
See my post, number 69.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There was an enormous amount of sarcasm in that post. Something I do often. If you look at some of my other posts, I have a bit of a thing with playing devils advocate as well. Welcome to the forum. With a second post like that you'll fit right in with a few guys here.
Stay in your own lane.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A good question…..Why do we exceed the speed limits on highways?

Why do we exceed speed limits in cities?
Because I have somewhere to go?

Funny story - wife was on her way to work, female TPD hauls ass right past her like she's sitting still. (no small feat in itself lol) Wife thought chick must be headed to a crime, though no lights, siren.
Gets to work, same TPD chick has pulled up there, casually strolled in. Wife asks "is there an emergency?"

Nope, TPD chick didn't even recognize wife as someone she passed. Didn't like having her driving habits questioned, either.

jeepjackazz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because I have somewhere to go?

Funny story - wife was on her way to work, female TPD hauls ass right past her like she's sitting still. (no small feat in itself lol) Wife thought chick must be headed to a crime, though no lights, siren.
Gets to work, same TPD chick has pulled up there, casually strolled in. Wife asks "is there an emergency?"

Nope, TPD chick didn't even recognize wife as someone she passed. Didn't like having her driving habits questioned, either.
its all good, we all know cops are above the law.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So we speed because “we” have somewhere to go that is far more important than others.

My question was prompted by an experience early last week. I was going north on Penn, and in a bit of a hurry. A lady was in front of me and not going as fast as I wanted, so first chance I swapped lanes, zipped past her and continued on my way. Next traffic light, yup, she pulled up right beside me. Then the same thing happened again as I hurried to the next light only to have her pull up just before the light turned green. So then the finance side of my brain tried to tell me how much extra fuel I burned compared to her usage.

But, I still hurried on to my very important visit to SoonerState Pawn to see what new treasures they had acquired.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So we speed because “we” have somewhere to go that is far more important than others.

My question was prompted by an experience early last week. I was going north on Penn, and in a bit of a hurry. A lady was in front of me and not going as fast as I wanted, so first chance I swapped lanes, zipped past her and continued on my way. Next traffic light, yup, she pulled up right beside me. Then the same thing happened again as I hurried to the next light only to have her pull up just before the light turned green. So then the finance side of my brain tried to tell me how much extra fuel I burned compared to her usage.

But, I still hurried on to my very important visit to SoonerState Pawn to see what new treasures they had acquired.
I spend an inordinate amount of time on the highway. Faster is better. In town isn't the same.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I suppose one could also say what you said in a different way - If you feel that obeying the law requires a marked police car, then there is a significant lapse in your raising by your parents. I would recommend reaching out to your moral and ethics locker to reevaluate whether you're living your life honestly 😂
Where does that come from? This enshrining of "the law is the law" and putting it on a pedestal like that and thinking we're morally upright for simply obeying a speed limit? Thomas Jefferson said we should ALWAYS question our laws and "if it's unjust, it's not only right that we disobey it, we are obliged to do so." (Paraphrasing)
Now Im not saying "traffic laws are unjust" but what happens when bans on the owning and carrying of firearms becomes the law? What about the laws in California saying you have to give your kid "gender-affirming care" or you can lose custody of them? When did we take that turn to think like a bunch of 18th century British Tories and start equivocating morality with obedience to civil authority? I've never understood it and it seems completely un-American to me.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where does that come from? This enshrining of "the law is the law" and putting it on a pedestal like that and thinking we're morally upright for simply obeying a speed limit? Thomas Jefferson said we should ALWAYS question our laws and "if it's unjust, it's not only right that we disobey it, we are obliged to do so." (Paraphrasing)
Now Im not saying "traffic laws are unjust" but what happens when bans on the owning and carrying of firearms becomes the law? What about the laws in California saying you have to give your kid "gender-affirming care" or you can lose custody of them? When did we take that turn to think like a bunch of 18th century British Tories and start equivocating morality with obedience to civil authority? I've never understood it and it seems completely un-American to me.
Quit using logic, it hurts some folks' heads.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No no, he’s correct. He believes all the people back in the day who got locked away for years for smocking pot deserve to be in prison. It was the law after all.

Anna Kendrick Movie GIF by Pitch Perfect

Latest posts

Top Bottom